MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Ukraine - The birthland of great Soviet aircraft

KBP pictures and Trip-Report will be posted AFTER my Viet Nam trip, guys, hope you can wait that long ;)

Another 1st timer for me to see in real life is this Beriev BE-12 (engine-design is similar to IL-18):

UKR06-10sep08084.jpg

thanks for sharing with us, Uncle! appreciate it. hope you will enjoy your Vietnam trip. :) back to that pix, is the main gears retract up to the side body? (hope my broken English didn't confused you. :D )

Edited by Samuel Chy

I´ll try to get some flights in "rare" aircraft during a weekend in may 2009

Just booked on WIZZAIR DTM-KBP vv. for 87,-EUR incl.Tax - hope you won´t get jealous now Pieter ... ;)

Would make it viable for you to bring your wife along on the next trip - if she gets a visa for Ukraine ...

DTM is not too far from AMS ( btw. CGN is served, too)

WIZZAIR Ukraine just got government approval to start international flights.

So, they´re the first LCC to serve Ukraine domestic - and now even european destinations !

Jürgen

Would make it viable for you to bring your wife along on the next trip - if she gets a visa for Ukraine ...

WIZZAIR Ukraine just got government approval to start international flights.

So, they´re the first LCC to serve Ukraine domestic - and now even european destinations !

She is already enthusiastic after seeing my pictures :yahoo:

yes, we saw Wizzair running the KBP-LWO stretches, but preferred the YAK42D on this stretch :p

fares are VERY cheap in the Ukraine (at least when converted to EUR); hope the "Russian" planes still roam around next year, as more and more 737's and EMB145's are delivered nowadays: keep your fingers x-ed ;)

do NOT forget to visit this museum at Zhulyany, Juergen - it's a must if you wanna see Russian 'hardware'...

is the main gears retract up to the side body? (hope my broken English didn't confused you. :D )

Yes, they do (similar to Grumman Goose, for instance), so plane can land on the water if needed :good:

KBP pictures and Trip-Report will be posted AFTER my Viet Nam trip, guys, hope you can wait that long ;)

OK guys, let's finish this topic with sharing some final Boryspil pictures :pardon:

Two interesting Tupolev TU-154M's during the period of time were these examples of Caspian from Iran and Kolavia from Russia:

Ukraine2008003.jpg

Ukraine2008002.jpg

Was hoping to fly Zaporozhye-Kiyv with this Motor-Sich Antonov AN-24, but it turned out the previously illustrated AN-140:

Ukraine2008004.jpg

The only 737-200 still operated in the Ukraine, is this example of Aerosvit, but not for long, I was told:

Ukraine2008013.jpg

Here, the President of Ukraine is seen departing for an official state-visit to Sarkoszy, the President of France:

Ukraine2008014.jpg

One of the brightest colours on a 737 IMHO is this example in Dniproavia dress:

Ukraine2008015.jpg

On our rainy departure to Lviv, I was (finally) able to make a picture of this UMAir DC-9-50:

Ukraine2008016.jpg

Excuse the quality: blurriness was caused by raindrops on the window :(

Watch out for thr TR in the appropriate section soon... :pardon:

I like the TU154 a lot. Never see it with my own eyes but should be quite big right? Nice pixies Uncle Pieter! :good: Look forward for the TR!

I like the TU154 a lot. Never see it with my own eyes but should be quite big right? Nice pixies Uncle Pieter! :good: Look forward for the TR!

About the same size as a 727-200, but the roar of the engines is awesome :yahoo:

TR now started at the Flight Logbook section :pardon: