MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Eugene Koh

MAS flights to Taiwan cancelled

MAS flights to Taiwan cancelled

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Airlines has cancelled its flights into and out of Taiwan due to Typhoon Sinlaku.

Its director of operations, Datuk Tajuden Abu Bakar, said the cancelled flights for yesterday were MH94 Kuala Lumpur/Taipei/Los Angeles, MH68 Kuala Lumpur/Kota Kinabalu/Taipei and MH69 Taipei/Kota Kinabalu/Kuala Lumpur.

He said Flight MH69 Taipeh/Kota Kinabalu/Kuala Lumpur scheduled for today is also cancelled.

Passengers can call Malaysia Airlines at its toll-free 24-hour Call Centre at 1 300 88 3000 for updates.

In Taipei, passengers can call +886 338 34855 and in Los Angeles +1 310 646 9376.

Schools and businesses were closed yesterday in Taiwan and residents stocked up on food as the powerful typhoon churned toward northern Taiwan and the heavily populated capital of Taipei.

According to foreign media reports, heavy rains and high winds were already pummeling the city. About 64km to the northeast, fishing boats and other craft headed for shelter as large waves pounded the coast near the port city of Yilan.

If the typhoon stays on course, it is expected to make landfall in northern Taiwan today, the reports said.

Typhoons frequently hit Taiwan between July and September, often causing casualties in mountainous regions prone to landslides and flash floods. — Bernama

WB

Just curious, does this mean MAS flight to LA goes direct or via another port or cancel altogether.

I am keeping myself update from time to time since I had booked flight to Taipei departing from BKI on 16/9/2008.

Whoope more TRs!!

EVA cancelled their flight in and out of KUL yest. I saw a lot of furious passengers at the checkin counter. Some were thrown to CI.

Good luck bro! Hopefully the typhoon will subside soon. Check this out for weather update

http://aviationweather.gov/obs/sat/intl/

The typhoon is currently at north of Taiwan.

Bro, thanks for the link. I checked with MH yesteday, the flight to Taipei resumed yesterday. Hopefully, eveything goes smoothly. :rolleyes:

Whoope more TRs!!

Well, let's just hope for the best :rolleyes:

Hopefully, eveything goes smoothly. :rolleyes:

Outside temp is like autumn now, cool and not so sunny. Very comfortable.

However, avoid mountain regions in middle esp. Nantou county (national park, hotspring) - serious flooding and mudflows caused serious structural damage to several resorts there.

I shall only spend 6 days 5 nites in Taipei, basically just a city break. :rolleyes:

Are you on tour group schedule? If not, PM me...I can drive to TPE this weekend/Friday night. I'm working in TPE for the next 3 weeks.

Edited by Denny Yen

the typhoon looks like heading for Japan now.

MH095 (LAX-TPE-KUL), MH069 (TPE-BKI-KUL) and MH068 (KUL-BKI-TPE) on last Saturday (13/9/08) were all cancel as well. I was supposed to fly back to BKI on MH068 that day at 3.00pm. A MH agent called my mom's handphone around 12pm when we were just getting ready to leave for KL Sentral and offered us the next flight out.

Eva Air (BR) flew in to KUL using a 744 (whether it was a mixed configuration or full passenger version i'm not sure) that day. The BR 744/74M flight was retimed to 6.55am the next morning to fly back to TPE.

Edited by Isaac

I did the "rescue flight" to BKI/TPE and TPE/BKI on the A330 2 days ago. The situtation has improved.

Edited by Jason

I did the "rescue flight" to BKI/TPE and TPE/BKI on the A330 2 days ago. The situtation has improved.

Okay, so i assume the flights between BKI/TPE and TPE/BKI were all full that they needed to use the 333 for the "rescue flight" ?

Okay, so i assume the flights between BKI/TPE and TPE/BKI were all full that they needed to use the 333 for the "rescue flight" ?

Probably very busy, got lots of MP's to 'rescue' kan ?! :p

Sign in to follow this