MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Budget fares London-Toronto in May '09

Anybody got any tips who give really el-cheapo fares, London-YYZ in May '09? To tie up with my AKX KUL-STN trip. Thanks.

Try NYC as transit point, soo many flights, dirt cheap fare from BA mostly, got myself May 09' flight for 500USD all in. Not sure the price from LON.

My 2 cents worth :)

Try NYC as transit point, soo many flights, dirt cheap fare from BA mostly, got myself May 09' flight for 500USD all in. Not sure the price from LON.

My 2 cents worth :)

Thanks, Seth, but looking at London-YYZ direct if possible. NYC with all the crowds and the delays ... :)

Doc,

This airline seems to have excellent deals:

http://at.exitravel.com/Search/Special/def...erid=airtransat

...and is very popular in the Netherlands too :pardon:

Hi Naim

Apart from Air Transat, you can take a look at some popular online travel agents in the UK

Expedia

Opodo

Ebookers

Netflights

If you go to the netflights site, scroll down to the flight offer section (just under the flight search tool). Click on any destinations (e.g. Hong Kong) and you will be transferred to a new page. Pick a continent/destination from the drop down menu, the site will display a list of fares offered by major airlines (not charter airlines). Click on the month you want to travel and there you get a calander view of which day the offer is available. I find this very useful as a reference. Atm the cheapest LON-YYZ is £395 with KLM, not great. You can also use the tool to get a flavour of air fares to other North American destinations. Most of the time the cheapest route is London to New York or Boston (£250 or lower)

May to early June is low season in the UK. It is also the best time of the year to travel cheaply. You might find more offers around after Christmas when the country goes into a 'sale' mode - including the travel agents. Air fares seem to be dropping atm and the Pound hasn't hit rock bottom yet. So if you are not desperate, maybe its worth a wait...

Enjoy your fare hunting! ;)

Edited by H C Chai

Hi Naim

Apart from Air Transat, you can take a look at some popular online travel agents in the UK

Expedia

Opodo

Ebookers

Netflights

Thanks HC, will definitely take a look. Found some GBP360 return tix somewhere (with AC), which look good. :)

Good find, naim! :good:

Expedia is currently doing £335 a.i. with KLM/Northwest. Enter promotional code 'FlyCheap' and you get another £10 off.

The down side is you have to put up with a transit in AMS. The up side is you can choose to depart from London City (LCY) apart from Heathrow. LCY is so small and managable.

Expedia is currently doing £335 a.i. with KLM/Northwest. Enter promotional code 'FlyCheap' and you get another £10 off.

The down side is you have to put up with a transit in AMS. The up side is you can choose to depart from London City (LCY) apart from Heathrow. LCY is so small and managable.

Down side ? :angry:

Schiphol is one of the best airports in Europe for transitting...

LCY in April ? KLM cityhopper will stop operating there effective 05jan09, so it will, most probably, be a VLM flight :pardon:

Down side ? :angry:

Schiphol is one of the best airports in Europe for transitting...

LCY in April ? KLM cityhopper will stop operating there effective 05jan09, so it will, most probably, be a VLM flight :pardon:

No, no, Schiphol is great, way better than any London airports. The only reason I said down side is because the flight involves a transit vs non-stop by BA or AC :D

Thanks, HC. Actually AMS is quite interesting for a lay-over, and my missus has never been there too. :)

Sign in to follow this