MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Paul Daw

Assitance requested - visiting Subang

Hi Folks,

I'm coming to Kuala Lumpur for work reasons and will be staying near Subang Airport. I am keen to visit Subang and KUL for photography in my spare time. I won't have a car which I know will limit me pretty much.

I have read the excellent presentations on visiting both airports but want to ask about security. It seems the police do not want photographers at KUL but Subang is okay.

I hold an Australian airport security clearance which might help introduce me. Is a ramp visit out of the question at Subang?

Meanwhile if any local enthusiasts are interested in meeting up just to chat and share experiences that would also be nice.

I arrive on 10 April and leave on 23rd back to Adelaide. I will be staying at the Sheraton Subang.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

There's not much traffic is SZB except firefly's fokker and occasional Berjaya Air' ATF. Actions are all at KLIA. I can meet you up on one of those days near Subang but perhaps Capt. Nik can help to arrange for a visit to the ramp area.

Regards

David

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Malaysianwings !!! :drinks:

When will you visit EHAM again ? Would be nice to do some spotting together again ... :pardon:

Hi Paul, welcome to MW.

You can view some of these spotting guide on top in Important Topic for your reference if you have not done so.

Subang

KLIA

This is the running thread for Subang movement --> SZB

Spotting in Subang is quiet/unpredictable/test your patience. I do like the place there as no security there to disturb you.

Have a fun and exciting trip here. :drinks:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info and encouragement. Sadly I didn't have much luck but have a few rego queries. Can anyone tie up the following for me ...

Maintnenace area:-

3 Transmile MD-11s and 2 727s near the hangars most of last week.

TF- ... 747 with GMB titles. I think this aircraft had a dark blue tail with a gold stag (or similar animal) on it.

737 with "Amazing" titles (noted 17/4 and other days)

another 737 next to "Amazing" - Adam Air?

Terminal side:-

White 737 on ramp before you get to Terminal 3

1 Transmile MD-11 at the hangar next to the ATC Tower

Type of N365KY/9M-DBJ noted from terminal on 15/4 - is it an EC-365?

Another helo looked like 9M-HAS - reg partly obscured - an EC-135 I think.

Does anyone have ACARS reports for KUL especially Wednesday p.m. just gone?

For info MAS are putting a new ATR simulator in the spot next to the F-50 where a 747 used to be. Looks like it will be another month or more before it is ready.

Any help with the above will be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Paul

Hi Norman,

Thanks for the info. Great to see someone gets out and shoots these rare birds. Maybe we can meet up next time I'm in town.

Cheers,

Paul