MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Robin

MAS to charge ticketing service fee

The lowest 'L' class fare to BKI is now RM610 nett, with tax and misc charges alone is already RM212. Add RM15 for ticket office purchase, and that's RM625 :)

Rozhan

For L fare, it is internet-based and as such, the Add RM15 for ticket office purchase does not imply.

Yes, way to go Air Asia. <<<---- Had to agree on AirAsia terms, afraid later being whacked by AK-borned stauchman a.k.a Rozhan :rofl:

For L fare, it is internet-based and as such, the Add RM15 for ticket office purchase does not imply.

Azrin, that was the case early this year when 'L' and 'V' class fares were exclusively sold via the web. The cheapest class available at ticketing offices / callcentre were 'S' class and above. But MAS gradually opened the 'V' class sometime in the middle of the year, and around October '07 (at least the time I realised it), even the 'L' class was also available at the offices. I thought that was a good move to attract more customers.

However with the ever increasing add-on fees etc., the fares has become less and less appealing already. Coupled with the notorious snackboxes, flying on MH is no longer an option.

Yes, many of us can still afford to pay the extras, but the manner in which they are imposed is rather crude. I feel that MAS is taking customers' loyalty for a ride, and laughing all the way to the bank at the same time.

I may have quit flying on MAS, but still collect its memorabilia to remember the happier days of MAS :)

While I may appear to be pro-AK, I may not necessarily be supportive of them in everything they do. But AK has not disappointed me thus far, its fares, products and services are great, and I do feel safe flying on their planes. That's all I want in my trips to anywhere.

I'm still wondering why some people hate AK, hate its boss and whoever he is associated with, hate their new planes, hate the colour red, scoff at their FA's with tight skirts etc. I think Air Asia is doing many people a lot of favour, setting them free and flying them far. And opening employment opportunities to thousands of people, especially Malaysian. Pelik kan?

:) :drinks:

Edited by Rozhan

Azrin, that was the case early this year when 'L' and 'V' class fares were exclusively sold via the web. The cheapest class available at ticketing offices / callcentre were 'S' class and above. But MAS gradually opened the 'V' class sometime in the middle of the year, and around October '07 (at least the time I realised it), even the 'L' class was also available at the offices. I thought that was a good move to attract more customers.

However with the ever increasing add-on fees etc., the fares has become less and less appealing already. Coupled with the notorious snackboxes, flying on MH is no longer an option.

Yes, many of us can still afford to pay the extras, but the manner in which they are imposed is rather crude. I feel that MAS is taking customers' loyalty for a ride, and laughing all the way to the bank at the same time.

I may have quit flying on MAS, but still collect its memorabilia to remember the happier days of MAS :)

While I may appear to be pro-AK, I may not necessarily be supportive of them in everything they do. But AK has not disappointed me thus far, its fares, products and services are great, and I do feel safe flying on their planes. That's all I want in my trips to anywhere.

I'm still wondering why some people hate AK, hate its boss and whoever he is associated with, hate their new planes, hate the colour red, scoff at their FA's with tight skirts etc. I think Air Asia is doing many people a lot of favour, setting them free and flying them far. And opening employment opportunities to thousands of people, especially Malaysian. Pelik kan?

:) :drinks:

I was speaking on experience on the L based fare, that was one year ago experience :pardon: :sorry:

With ever increasing family members, the cheapest available airlines travel for most, including me are AK too. :blink: