MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Official: Tiger and Jetstar to serve SIN-KUL-SIN

I don't think that's the case for AK. Am I right? Jetstar and Tiger are loosing too AirAsia.

Not so sure.. I just look at the booking for KL-SIN for a date just under a week from the day of booking, and the RM9.99 fare is still up. I would imagine it will snap quickly, as it is near the date of flying already.

Maybe the frequency wise its not favourable, 2 times daily (plus 2 from singapore carriers), and many ppl like the early morning flight, the earliest AK can fly is at 10AM. But I maybe wrong, they maybe doing better than the other 2.

Edited by Azri M.

AK is performing better than Tiger and Jetstar on the KUL-SIN sector with 85% average load factor.

05-03-2008: AirAsia sees strong load in KL-Singapore route

The Edge

by Gan Yen Kuan

Email us your feedback at fd@bizedge.com

KUALA LUMPUR: AirAsia Bhd saw passenger loads of more than 85% in February for the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore route that was opened for the operations of low-cost carriers beginning Feb 1. Bookings for both March and April had surpassed the 50% load mark, and it was on track to achieve its target of over 85% load for the sector, the airline said in a statement yesterday.

“AirAsia bookings to date have shown strong demand for this 55-minute route since its introduction, a reflection of AirAsia being the preferred airline to travel for the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore route. From the overall bookings to date, including flights from/to Kuala Lumpur, over 63% of the guests travel for business, while over 37% travel for leisure, mostly in small groups of two to four. Malaysians made up a total of 59% of the passengers and 41% comprise Singaporeans,” it said.

AirAsia services the KL-Singapore route using its new Airbus A320 with a seating capacity of 180. Its current fares for a one-way trip start from RM9.99, excluding taxes and fuel surcharges. AirAsia’s regional head of commercial Kathleen Tan said it was working closely with the Singapore Tourism Board to promote places of interest in the island state.

“We have pursued this route for six years and finally, we are quite ecstatic to see our efforts pay off with such strong load for both ways... we are now able to offer unique Singapore experience to our guests flying in from Asean, Australia and China with AirAsia X, and the rest of the world.”