MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
kianhong

This is crazy!!!

The accompanied photos and articles can be found here at Flightglobal.com.

Can anyone ID the mentioned Asian airline based on the photos? Will definitely try to avoid this airline.

Foreign object debris, likely was sucked in while on apron.

If you read it carefully, its says in the 2nd para :

Maintenance crews in the unspecified Asian nation used seatbelt straps to wrap around two of the fan blades and the structures behind to prevent windmilling and associated uncomfortable vibration caused by the suboptimal fan.

This is the crazy part. :blink:

Whassup with these peoples, another Adam Air wannabe? :angry2:

Edited by kianhong

It's clearly stated in the article before deparuture (from it's home airport) they strapped the damage engine with seat belt and take off with 3 engines instead of 4 (B747 I presume). However due to the high fuel burn, they have to refuel in Frankfurt after flying for 10 hours and being grounded in FRA due to the outrageous seat belt engine + another 2 damage engines which at the end 3 engines being replaced before allowed to take off again by the German authority.

I'm wondering which asian airline too.....

Guest Fendy
We're sorry, but there is no web page that matches your entry. It is possible you typed the address incorrectly, or the page may no longer exist. You may wish to try another entry or choose from the links below, which we hope will help you find what you?re looking for.

can someone please summarise what was the article all about?

can someone please summarise what was the article all about?

Fendy!! Apparently they took the articles and photos off from flightglobal.com. <_>

But thanks to free flow info of Internet I found this. Fanblabe macam kena gigit anjing. * Fanblades look like bitten by some dogs*

I save myself a copy. :rolleyes:

I've read this article a few years ago. If I'm not mistaken, it was Taiwanese (it's not a major carrier) and yes it's a 747.

Edited by Azuddin

I recieved an email with a series of photos about 12months back. If this is one and the same incident, and my memory is correct, its was Air China.

I saw these photos for the first time at Flightglobal.com yesterday. The article was published by Flightglobal.com on 7 Feb 2007 but have been retracted since late yesterday (8 FEB 2007).

mmm... I wonder why? :huh:

Sign in to follow this