MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Keith T

ZRH to be third airport featuring integrated *A terminal

Just got this from the Miles and More newsletter:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online/porta...est=44871422972

More Star Alliance partners in the SWISS terminal

With the launch of the new winter flight schedule, the SWISS terminal in Zurich will be the third Star Alliance terminal after Paris and Tokyo.

Short distances on foot, the central location of the lounge, and state-of-the-art check-in machines make it possible for you to have a time-saving and pleasant travelling experience even before you've left the terminal.

As a customer of the following airlines, you have been able to check in since the end of October in the SWISS terminal: SWISS, Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Adria, Croatia, United Airlines, Scandinavian Airlines, TAP Air Portugal, Spanair, and Blue 1.*

Enjoy the many different facilities in the Star Alliance terminals for arrival, transfer, and departure. Thanks to their close cooperation, the Star Alliance partners are now in a position to offer their customers a consistently high standard of service. The new terminal design also allows for improved operating efficiency, which in turn provides for even higher reliability in terms of flight operations.

*South African Airways, Singapore Airlines, Thai International Airlines, and Air Canada will provisionally remain in terminal 2 due to reasons related to capacity.

Even more reason for Keith to fly via ZRH on his next European trip ;)

Not so long ago, the swiss terminal was a One-world terminal. Then talks with BA fell through.

The Star alliance lounge, which is quite good, is very far away from the terminal.

Still, quite a number of the computer systems are not integrated. I once had an SK flight, but LX codeshare ticket, and I could not check in at the LX counter. I had to go to the Terminal 2. So this will make it easier.

Even more reason for Keith to fly via ZRH on his next European trip ;)

Hmm - I've never experienced one of the *A integrated airports before. But to me the only advantage would be convenience as it negates the need to do s#1t like changing terminals (I know a few 'lucky' souls who lost a few pounds just by trying to catch their BD or LH connectors after arriving in CDG on the inaugural SQ 77W flight). I forsee my next trip to Europe being on SQ though and it probably won't be till this time next year. Which means the A3UGLY should (*cough cough*) be flying and I might as well ride it all the way to London. Otherwise - definitely ZRH as it'd be a better airport than MXP, BCN or CDG. Or AMS if i want to avoid the premium surcharge and it's still a 772ER by then. ;)

Edited by Keith T

Still, quite a number of the computer systems are not integrated.

Ever wonder why we have to have a new M+M number each time our status changes? :rolleyes:

But screwed up computer systems can work to your advantage. Apparently LX or LH can't tell if your ticket on the other's stock is an award ticket or not. So if you travel on say an award ticket on LX issued by LH, or vice versa, you'll still be treated as a 'normal' SEN pax by the operating carrier and eligible for op ups like elites on rev tickets. :D

Edited by Keith T

I once had an SK flight, but LX codeshare ticket, and I could not check in at the LX counter. I had to go to the Terminal 2.

Hmm, dont you have to check in with the airline who's operating your flight anyway, regardless of the airline code you're booked on?

Sign in to follow this