MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

7th November in history

Yesterday (7th November) will be remembered by aviation enthusiasts in Belgium,where 5 years ago (7/11/2001),Belgium's flag carrier SABENA is declared bankruptcy.

I suddenly realized this,after watching the 'today in history' column in yesterday's daily.

I remember seeing a Sabena A330 flying into DFW back in 1995, i think that is the only Sabena destination in US.

I remember seeing a Sabena A330 flying into DFW back in 1995, i think that is the only Sabena destination in US.

DFW? I thought that they're serving either JFK or LGA...

here's a pix that i found

Sabena at DFW

Yesterday (7th November) will be remembered by aviation enthusiasts in Belgium,where 5 years ago (7/11/2001),Belgium's flag carrier SABENA is declared bankruptcy.

That's why, also yesterday 07nov2006, the 'new' Brussels Airlines was announced :pardon:

See also http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index....ic=3976&hl=

since 7 nov is just coming.....back to memory lane....

http://www.sabena.com/EN/Historique_FR.htm

remember those days when I was a kid I use to see Sabena birds at the Brussels Airport/Luchthaven Zaventem...

sometime I even these Sabena's near my Oma/Opa's house at Ostend-Bruges Internatioanl Airport(a small freight transport, even MAS kargo were operating there)

:sorry: for making this clear almost 1 year after the posting :sorry:

SN used to fly to ORD/JFK/BOS and DFW in their hay-days (+ ANC when still operating the "Polar" route to TYO)...