MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Imran K.

A380 back in the UAE

Hi guys...

A few viable sources of mine have confirmed that an A380 is currently in Al-Ain International Airport (OMAL ; venue of the Al Ain Aerobatics Airshow) where it will be undergoing a second round of "hot-weather tests".

The "hot-weather tests" entail testing the aircraft systems such as Engines, Auxiliary Power Unit (APU), Air Conditioning, Hydraulic and Electrical systems as they are operated on the ground and in flight at outside temperatures in excess of 38 degrees centigrade.

Apparently, aside from the 37 strong crew from Airbus, a further 3 individuals from the European Aviation Safety Agency will be monitoring and verifying the authenticity and quality of the tests. I'm guessing a test pilot, and 2 Test Engineers.

That particular A380 will also fly to Abu Dhabi after conducting its tests to be put on display for a second round of "VIP-GAWKING" and, as a special tribute to Etihad, a flying session with Etihad's very own VP of Operations and Chief Pilot of the A380 programme at the helm of the beast! A truly memorable event i reckon.

Unfortunately...i dont have the rego..will try to get it ASAP.

Enjoy.. B)

hmm will surely be a fuel system test too :) better make sure there ain't no vapour in the fuel lines boys and girls! ---- FLAMEOUT! ----

Is Al Ain in the Former Democratic Ah Moi Republic of Imranistan (Aka UAE)? :D hehehe just playing, bro :)

Sign in to follow this