MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
kandiah k

VS making losses on LHR-HKG-SYD vv ?

yeah....SQ is definitely on the list....while they don't fly to as many places as EK...they own sizeable portions of many airlines...including VS!!!  they are or were the most profitable airline in the world...

what matters is not flying to a destination with 10-20 flights a day but MAKING MONEY!!!!

they now want to get more money off the Ozzie-US route which is rightly controlled by QF...and to a lesser extent UA.

(its like JL wanting to get a big share of the CDG - JNB route....or some other totally random route)

but i suppose if QF makes use of SIN as a hub....then SQ maybe has the right to do the same in SYD/MEL...

either way...they are big fat greedy money grabbers...kiasu as hell!  tongue.gif

5736[/snapback]

Well around 10-15% of QF's profits comes from its Transpacific routes, which is why they are guarding it with their lives.

SQ never does anything without a reason behind its back....they really want the transpacific routes via Australia...but i think it would only come through the merging of SQ and QF...not otherwise

I think at one point they owned part of NZ and have since given it up.

On VS, I think SQ will not allow them to fly directly into SIN to compete with themselves but perhaps a flight into KUL enroute to the land down under is possible. Does anyone know if VS used to fly in their own aircraft into Subang those days ? What aircraft ?

biggrin.gif

Sign in to follow this