MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin Ho

Runway heading

Hi guys,

okay, this might sound hilarious... I am doing my house renovation and was having headache how to re-do the carporch as the interlocking tiles are sinking. and then I was struck with an idea:

Cement the porch and draw a runway on it. my problem now is that according to google earth my house is facing dead north. so I need to decide if the numbering scheme should be '00' or '0'?

any idea?

thanks

Ben-G

Negative, you would use 36!

Do take pics of the work in progress and the final product :) if you wanna make it REALLY Real, take your contractor down to KLIA and take pieces of 32L/14R from the palm oil estate adjacent to that runway! has drainage grooves and everything! hehe :D

Edited by Sandeep G

My contractor will kill me if I ask him to draw "36"... anyway I am not painting the whole runway, jsut the threshold/piano key till the touchdown zone part. Not enough room for the whole s tretch la...

Drainage groove got.. but 1/2 feet apart. again, practicality issue

Ben-G

Cement the porch and draw a runway on it. my problem now is that according to google earth my house is facing dead north. so I need to decide if the numbering scheme should be '00' or '0'?

any idea?

thanks

Ben-G

You might find these specs useful: http://www.faa.gov/atpubs/AIM/Chap2/aim0203.html

All da best! :D

My contractor will kill me if I ask him to draw "36"...

You are the paying customer what...he'll do everything you say as long as the cheque doesnt bounce! :D

You are the paying customer what...he'll do everything you say as long as the cheque doesnt bounce! :D

hehehe, question is, how much space do you have in your garage? I've always envisioned having a runway driveway (with lighting on the centreline and edge lighting), an "Apron" with yellow lines (green centreline lighting and blue perimeter marker lights) with even the boxes and stop points for various models of cars and most importantly, a Visual docking system on the wall :) now THAT would be awesome! :D That or you get your wife/girlfriend to get out of the car and marshal you in with the ping-pong bats! and get her a David Clark headset to plug into the car so she can talk to you too (for pushbacks!) hahaha "Ground to cockpit, confirm brakes are ofF".. "Cockpit to Ground, brakes are off and we are clear for pushback, see you in the evening, honey!" haha

Edited by Sandeep G

Sign in to follow this