MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Levent

Planning a RTW trip

NH is generally quite nice.

I flew UA MEL-SYD-SFO 3 years ago - was a joke. The international long hauls tend to get the most jaded and nasty cabin crew as routes are assigned based on seniority. Flights to Australia are amongst the longest and consequently more popular to work on as they pay well. Good service does exist on UA though - really depends on the crew. I've yet to experience a decent UA flight myself as I havent touched them ever since that 15 hourx2 nightmare. I go to the US on NZ via AKL or TG/LH via BKK now.

I haven't flown with US, but like you will be on the US Airways shuttle end of the year between LGA-BOS so keep me posted. People who've flown them generally concur with Pieter's experience though...

You can also find trip reports on flyertalk. I believe they offer a more comprehensive overview of lounges and inflight product than a.net as the latter seems to focus more on the view outside the window. :p

Also, bear in mind that you'll be booked into economy on domestic routes featuring only First and Economy.

Edited by Keith T

Never done anything near a RTW trip before myself but I'm sure I won't be the only one here to offer this piece of advice - enjoy it for all its worth ! (now where is that green, envious emoticon when you need it ?!!)

Have a wonderful and safe journey

Guest Levent

Also, bear in mind that you'll be booked into economy on domestic routes featuring only First and Economy.

Really? I thought domestic flights in the USA always had First and Coach Class, and according to the text below, if you're travelling on a business class ticket you'll be booked into First, no?

From the Star Alliance RTW rules on FT:

"On sectors where First/Business Class is not offered/available at the time of booking passengers will be accommodated in the next lower class. No refund will apply. Exception: on sectors within/between USA/Canada where Business Class is not offered passengers will be accommodated in First Class subject to availability of seats at the time of booking. In the event First Class seats are not offered/available no refund will apply."

An exception would be the US Express flight from St Louis to Charlotte, which is operated by a CRJ900.

Really? I thought domestic flights in the USA always had First and Coach Class, and according to the text below, if you're travelling on a business class ticket you'll be booked into First, no?

Yup, it's either First class or Coach classs..........no biz class, cuz American recognize First Class than Biz Class. So eventualy First class iz biz class unless if you onboard 3 class configuration plane which are only several routes in US. :good:

From the Star Alliance RTW rules on FT:

"On sectors where First/Business Class is not offered/available at the time of booking passengers will be accommodated in the next lower class. No refund will apply. Exception: on sectors within/between USA/Canada where Business Class is not offered passengers will be accommodated in First Class subject to availability of seats at the time of booking. In the event First Class seats are not offered/available no refund will apply."

An exception would be the US Express flight from St Louis to Charlotte, which is operated by a CRJ900.

Ooh sorry, my bad. :sorry:

I didn't know there's an exception for North American sectors.

Sign in to follow this