MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Keith T

Westjet looks to join oneworld

Low cost and luxury alliances???? How could that work............but great news if OneWorld want to expand Canadian sky!!! :drinks: This could be huge advantages for OneWorld lovers or others who likes to pay less and fly more. Toronto and Calagary hub can easily cover the northern North American and some part of US. Saw this airline at Calgary years ago and they are great wit 60+ 737NG and 20+ more on order, I don't see why OW have a hard time to take this airline unless of course they don't want LCC :help:

Baaaahhhhhh, interesting news :o :mellow: :huh:

Would be the first LCC/LFA to join a 'world alliance' :good:

I don't see why OW have a hard time to take this airline unless of course they don't want LCC :help:

Ever wonder why EI is leaving oneworld? ;)

Anyway, I don't see much of a problem with WS if its low cost aspect is only limited to BOB. It even has lounges like DJ. A lot of legacy carriers in North America have switched to the BOB model anyway, even the UA PS service in economy is set to cease. I'm sure oneworld will find the WS feeder traffic handy.

note to mod: Please change 'Air Cana' in the sub-heading to 'AC.' Didn't realise I hadn't enough characters to type 'Air Canada'...sorry :p

Edited by Keith T

Sign in to follow this