MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Keith T

EK's new J seats

EK enthusiasts would be pleased to know that EK has unveiled its new and massively improved J seats. It would be fair to say that the airline has caught up with the rest of the industry (or at least, the names that matter in the industry ;)) in introducing lie flat seats. All 777s will be retrofitted with the new seats.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/default.a...88&LS=EMS102627

Edited by Keith T

in introducing lie flat seats.

Still looks like an angled seat to me :o

Still looks like an angled seat to me :o

Yeah, hence they're described as 'lie flat' not 'flat bed.' Or flat-ish. :p

lie flat at angle...

Isn't B/E the same manufacturer for MH's seats?

how big are the screens in inches... 14?

Caught up? Just like MH... a bit late in the game but did not take the opportunity to do something radical :rolleyes:

By the way, anyone ever tried fully flat seats before? I had a few experiences and I have to say, as the plane is not really flying flat, i.e., nose up a few degrees, I could not sleep properly because I always felt like my feet were higher than my head. :pardon:

By the way, anyone ever tried fully flat seats before? I had a few experiences and I have to say, as the plane is not really flying flat, i.e., nose up a few degrees, I could not sleep properly because I always felt like my feet were higher than my head. :pardon:

Are you referring to the seats on NZ and VS? I never heard the end of it from my dad after he checked out VS Upper Class per my recommendation....

The only flat bed seats I've tried are BA's Club World. The cushion was a bit too hard and the seat fabrics were not as nice as SQ or QF. But it's still flat and I slept a lot better as a result. Taller/bigger people might want to take note that there's not a lot of shoulder space in Club World though - and the beds are not suitable for anyone taller than 6ft.

Edited by Keith T

Sign in to follow this