MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ken K. Kour

Air Asia Willing To Give Back Interlining Routes To MH

See http://www.ktmb.com.my/article.asp?id=46

Better still, take train ride KL-Ipoh to see for yourself.

.ny

Unfortunately KL-Ipoh train journey departs at night thus not providing much of a view. Besides it arrives Ipoh at 1 am. That was when I last checked out the timetable not too sure if its still the same these days.

Unfortunately KL-Ipoh train journey departs at night thus not providing much of a view. Besides it arrives Ipoh at 1 am. That was when I last checked out the timetable not too sure if its still the same these days.

When the project completes daytime normal service will be re-introduced. The age old Ekspres Rakyat will once again begin and end in Butterworth (currently starts in KL down south to Singapore, VV).

In any case, if you take the current night service, you will notice the shortened time travel between KL/Ipoh.

ow that's interesting. is it still on "track" for the laying of tracks to be completed by end-2007? It does seem that hardly any work has been done on the remaining portions on the Ipoh - kl segment.

Enche' Naim has provided the relevant link, and as far as I can gather from my sources, the project is on track (they were behind schdule under DRB-HICOM - hence the failure to meet the original deadline; now UEM has taken over it's looking good so far).

On with the rails!

Edited by H Azmal

When the project completes daytime normal service will be re-introduced. The age old Ekspres Rakyat will once again begin and end in Butterworth (currently starts in KL down south to Singapore, VV).

In any case, if you take the current night service, you will notice the shortened time travel between KL/Ipoh.

Enche' Naim has provided the relevant link, and as far as I can gather from my sources, the project is on track (they were behind schdule under DRB-HICOM - hence the failure to meet the original deadline; now UEM has taken over it's looking good so far).

On with the rails!

Shortened travel time by how much ?

Shortened travel time by how much ?

with current locomotives and associated limitations, close to an hour (arrival time of train no. 08 at KLS used to be 7:20AM, now it's 6:40AM usually, if not earlier)

Edited by H Azmal

Sign in to follow this