MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
RobK

Heads up Brunei Friday afternoon. Sultan's new B748 arriving

His new 748 is back at Waco, TX, and still there as I write. Flew back there on 30 September from Orlando.

I did ask some time ago for it to be added to FR24 database but that site has really gone downhill over the past 6 months and they have some clown with an attitude problem maintaining the database who only adds the ones that personally interest him so it has been ignored.

They must have gotten snobbish over recent accident/ incident which flightradar picked up the distress/ impending crash signal before any media.

I remember during early MH370 and QZ8501 days, most media outlets carried their images. They must be earning big publicity.

Well, like the saying goes...if you have it, flaunt it.

Problem is the country has not much black gold to flaunt anymore.....oil in drying up in next 10 years. They are now relying on oil, very oil field to get through the days.

Although we have heard about oil drying up "in the next 10yrs" since early 90s...must be a rolling decade.

But production these days are only circa 130k barrels per day versus the high of 180k during the 80s.

They must have gotten snobbish over recent accident/ incident which flightradar picked up the distress/ impending crash signal before any media.

I remember during early MH370 and QZ8501 days, most media outlets carried their images. They must be earning big publicity.

Problem is the country has not much black gold to flaunt anymore.....oil in drying up in next 10 years. They are now relying on oil, very oil field to get through the days.

Believe Brunei has yet to exploit the off shore block signed off to them by one sleepy ex pm.

Flew Waco-Everett yesterday then on to Vancouver. Left Vancouver 30 mins ago and currently heading westbound across the Pacific. Vancouver/Abbotsford stop is often used for BBJs on delivery for tax reasons so this is in likelihood probably the delivery flight to Brunei. Still not on FR24 I'm afraid but it's currently tracking on planefinder if you type in 8953DF in the box. It will probably disappear shortly when it goes out of radar coverage but I think the Philippines are covered by Planefinder so it should pop up again when it gets over that side of the world. :)

Flew Waco-Everett yesterday then on to Vancouver. Left Vancouver 30 mins ago and currently heading westbound across the Pacific. Vancouver/Abbotsford stop is often used for BBJs on delivery for tax reasons so this is in likelihood probably the delivery flight to Brunei. Still not on FR24 I'm afraid but it's currently tracking on planefinder if you type in 8953DF in the box. It will probably disappear shortly when it goes out of radar coverage but I think the Philippines are covered by Planefinder so it should pop up again when it gets over that side of the world. :)

I don't seem able to edit my post. Was Waco-Boeing Field-Vancouver yesterday, not Everett. It is tracking on FR24 by the way, too, but won't let you search for it by reg, strangely.

Edited by RobK

Sign in to follow this