MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Wong Kok Choy

AK Flight Delays as Flight Crew Apparently "Went Back"

Hi guys. I have had the unfortunate opportunity to be on this flight. Ak868 to Krabi. flight was retimed from 1.15 to what was originally 2.30.

Flight never got boarded and they could not give us any idea what time we can take off.

It has since been retimed to 5.30 because apparently the crew "went back". But even this remains uncertain.

Sounds like AA really has some explaining to do. The passengers are starting a petition/complaint and was hoping you guys could share where best to send it to. I believe it's being addressed to the general care line.

=====

Inbox

Fw: VERY DELAYED FLIGHT TO KRABI SATURDAY 10TH MAY 2014

Z

Zahurin Mohamed

to me

19 minutes ago

Details

On Saturday, 10 May 2014 3:56 PM, Zahurin Mohamed <zahurin.mohamed@yahoo.com> wrote:

Dear Tan Sri Tony,

I am speaking on behalf of the Air Asia Passengers who have been waiting to get on their flight to Krabi. The flight was supposed to leave at 1.15pm today and we are still waiting now. We were just informed that the crew may arrive only at 5.30pm !!!!!!

Many have been looking forward for a long time for this holiday, many are so stressed out that they may even lose their hotel reservations in Krabi due to this late arrival

You may think this is just another delayed flight, but for many of us, this is a whole day wasted, of their short holiday.

The crew is going to provide refreshments, but they will never replace the lost time !!!!!!!

We are going around to get names and addresses and will send you a petition.

This should never happen.

Professor Datin Zahurin Mohamed

======

Thanks everyone and looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this =D

Edited by Wong Kok Choy

This shouldn't have happened even with a new terminal. AK cutting too thin with their crew roster?

What was the final departure time ?

If it was 4-5 hours delay, I'd say its quite an over-reaction on the passenger's end. Thanks to MasWings I've had to retime at least 2 meetings a month !

Final departure time was about 5:45PM. I can understand their frustrations as I was one of those who already had plans in place. But the reasoning given was really quite weird.

Given the fact they already knew of a delay in the first place (hence informing us via SMS), but it seems like they did not put in place procedures to ensure there would be no further delays.

Just my 2 cents really.

Sign in to follow this