MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Is Malaysia Airlines dumping fares?

It is actually called 'Subload'and not 'sublo' !

The argument is not about 'company does not lose anything'. When it is extended to extended family members regardless of age, the airline actually stand to lose money as these 'eligible relatives' do not pay the market fares.

Some airlines for example, curtail staff from purchasing more than 10 staff price tickets a year...which I doubt MH does.

I have a friend who flies weekly to KBR on his business trip on this special staff tickets as his niece is an employee of MH because previous experience tells him which flights to take.

Hope this explains my statement.

Bro,

It is called SUBLOAD but is written on the ticket as SUBLO, hence the name.

Please tell me how an airline will lose the business by carrying staff and family based on subject to load basis?

As mentioned by another member here, it is a standard industry practice around the globe and cross agreement between airlines is norm. If MH is the only one practices that, then it is quite obvious. However, if the entire universe practices that, how wrong could that be? Even Air Asia gives away 10 free coupons on FIRM basis to each employee and unlimited ID90 to its employee and immediate family.

I do not work for airlines 'A' but I do enjoy UNLIMITED travel on airlines 'A' on SUBLO tickets as my employer have a mutual agreement with 'A'. Likewise, airline 'A' employee and family would enjoy the same benefits when traveling with us. If this arrangement could cause us bleed to death, I am sure our accountants are sane enough to terminate the agreement immediately.

Edited by Lock SH

Staff that travel on subload ticket are not entitled to use the facilities given to the commercial ticket passenger eg lounge access even if the staff taking the business class. Staff on subload ticket also are not given the confirmed seat during booking and subjected to be offloaded from the flight if the flight is full or overbooked..

Sign in to follow this