MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Boeing Delivers 100th Next-generation 737 To Ryanair

I tried RyanAir last year. Internet booking was a breeze, prices great, and I flew MAN-DUB-MAN with no problems, except that they used this old crate, B-732, for the sector. Shabby interior, notices in German. Had not been in a 732 for a long time (I vaguely remember traveling in a Braathen Safe 732 way back in mid-90s), so it was good experience.

.ny

+++

Bernama

March 08, 2006 12:16 PM

Boeing Delivers 100th Next-generation 737 To Ryanair

IPB Image

KUALA LUMPUR, March 8 (Bernama) -- The Boeing Company and Ryanair, yesterday celebrated the delivery of the airline's 100th Boeing Next-Generation 737, nearly seven years after receiving its first 737-800.

Ryanair is Europe's largest and most profitable low-cost carrier.

"The 737's unparalleled reliability and low operating economics have been instrumental in our ability to get passengers to their destinations on time and at the lowest possible fare," said chief executive officer of Ryanair, Michael O'Leary, in a statement Wednesday.

"We couldn't be more pleased with the airplane's performance and its effect on our bottom line," he said.

Since taking delivery of its first 737-800 on March 19, 1999, Ryanair has become Boeing's largest European customer for the Next-Generation 737.

It has ordered a total of 239 Next-Generation 737-800s, and today has 139 remaining to be delivered.

The Dublin-based carrier currently operates its all-Boeing fleet on 301 routes into 22 countries.

Ryanair previously operated Classic 737s, taking delivery of its first Classic 737 in January 1994.

Ryanair's fleet of 100 737-800s comprises 18,900 seats.

Its fleet has carried more than 130 million people.

"This delivery milestone underscores the tremendous value customers like Ryanair find in the 737," Marlin Dailey, senior vice president of Sales for Europe, Russia and Central Asia, Boeing Commercial Airplanes, meanwhile said.

The 737-800 is the most popular member of the Next-Generation 737 family, having sold more than 1,650 airplanes.

The newer 737s, which are 10 years younger than the competing A320 series, were designed to provide significantly more range and payload capability and lower operating costs than earlier 737 models and competing models.

For more information about the 737, visit http://www.boeing.com/commercial/737family/index.html.

-- BERNAMA

It has ordered a total of 239 Next-Generation 737-800s, and today has 139 remaining to be delivered.

:blink: :o :o ..Comparing MH with Ryanair... <_>

:blink: :o :o ..Comparing MH with Ryanair... <_>

LOL I guess it's hard to compare Ryanair with MAS since they are completely business model. AK on the other hand are quite plausible. Who knows one day you might get to see AK having 239 A320 :p

we had mr del ryan, one of the two ryans who founded ryanair in our uni for an hour talk in january.. he is indeed seems to be a very ambitious looking man and full with thoughts to be shared.. but now.. i think we can describe datuk tony fernandes as the michael o'leary of asia.. i think they have ditched all their 737-200 now.. fullly 738 operation..

we had mr del ryan, one of the two ryans who founded ryanair in our uni for an hour talk in january.. he is indeed seems to be a very ambitious looking man and full with thoughts to be shared.. but now.. i think we can describe datuk tony fernandes as the michael o'leary of asia.. i think they have ditched all their 737-200 now.. fullly 738 operation..

Their website today says:

Ryanair Fleet

Boeing 737-800

Number: 82

Capacity: 189

Boeing 737-200

Number: 9

Capacity: 130

Boeing 737-800

143 firm orders

193 aircraft options

.ny