MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kee Hooi Yen

Discussion on Flight Related Tips

I think it is good to have a thread to discuss tips / information / advice about flying, eg booking, ticket, baggage, or even special / promotions.

I have a question regarding group booking.

Last year we have a group of 9 pax flying MH SYD-KUL vv. However 2 weeks prior to the departure date, one of the member comfirmed he could not join us for the outbound flight but still can make it for the inbound flight.

We checked with the travel agent and were told we have to get the tickets re-issued for the group to exclude the affected pax. Else, the ckeck in agent will not allow us to check in with only 8 pax show up at the airport.

Last week I made a domestic flight booking with JQ. We will have another 2 pax coming from oversea to join us for the trip. I asked the travel agent if I need to make two separate bookings so that in case there is a last minute change to the oversea pax, our part of booking is not affected. However, I was told I can make in one booking. Even though if not everybody on the booking shows up at the airport, the rest of the group member is still able to be chekced-in.

Why are there two different policies for group booking ? Is there any standard industry practice in dealing with this kind of situation ? Or it differs from one airline to another ?

That means there is no standard practice for this ?

Now I have another scenario :

Two relatives have purchased a one way ticket with D7 (in one booking). For some reason, one of them now needs to depart at an earlier date. He has bought another one way ticket for this. Now will the second pax be denied checked in as only one of two on the ticket shows up at the airport ? I presume he can't get the ticket re-issued as the ticket fare rules do not allow changes.

I always wonder for tour group, if one member fails to show up at the airport, will the entire tour group be denied check-in ?

That means there is no standard practice for this ?

Now I have another scenario :

Two relatives have purchased a one way ticket with D7 (in one booking). For some reason, one of them now needs to depart at an earlier date. He has bought another one way ticket for this. Now will the second pax be denied checked in as only one of two on the ticket shows up at the airport ? I presume he can't get the ticket re-issued as the ticket fare rules do not allow changes.

I always wonder for tour group, if one member fails to show up at the airport, will the entire tour group be denied check-in ?

My encountered with AK is after online group reservation and called up the centre request to split off passengers (one of passenger take other flight schedule). They will assigned new reservation ref. for particular passenger.

My encountered with AK is after online group reservation and called up the centre request to split off passengers (one of passenger take other flight schedule). They will assigned new reservation ref. for particular passenger.

Did you pay any fee for the re-issued ticket ?

Anyway, if one is allowed to ckeck in without the present of his travel partner, would he allow to utilise the baggage allowance of his travel partner ?

Did you pay any fee for the re-issued ticket ?

Anyway, if one is allowed to ckeck in without the present of his travel partner, would he allow to utilise the baggage allowance of his travel partner ?

No charge for split off group e ticket.

My past lessons learned if you have group ticket or to book your ticket in advance (usually during Sales period).

Following simple practice will help you to minimize loss

- not to do advance check in online via mobile or internet (unexpected incident) and use self check in machine.

- not to buy add on baggage weight , meals or etc when you do online reservation until your travel date.

Before due to convenience I will do all transactions(meals, baggage weight & seat) in one go.

No charge for split off group e ticket.

My past lessons learned if you have group ticket or to book your ticket in advance (usually during Sales period).

Following simple practice will help you to minimize loss

- not to do advance check in online via mobile or internet (unexpected incident) and use self check in machine.

- not to buy add on baggage weight , meals or etc when you do online reservation until your travel date.

Before due to convenience I will do all transactions(meals, baggage weight & seat) in one go.

Thanks a lot for the tips !

Hope that anyone can help up.

I am try to book Asiana online ticket from Singapore to Harbin via Seoul but the system cannot accept it. The reservation system able to accept from Singapore to Seoul only.

Anyone have encounter this before?

Sign in to follow this