MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Eugene Koh

British Airways B777: G-YMMI

Hi,

This morning, I went to Sydney Int'l to pick up my sister arriving from Malaysia and I noticed this BA B772ER reg: G-YMMI that parked

next to it's big sister B744 G-BNLI (Oneworld livery).

Question is, sometime back in April this year I saw the same B772ER with it's left inner engine cowling unpainted due to whatever the

reason is... and today, it's still unpainted. Why this long??

Also, MAS B744 suppose to arrive at 9.33am but instead at 9.07am, talking about punctuality. Great on you MAS!

FYI, it's been a while since I last visited Kingsford Smith and today was a treat... saw 2 Air China A332s, 2 Garuda A332/333,

2 Emirates B773ER/A388, 2 Cathay Pacific A333s, 2 Thai A346s, 2 United B744s, 2 V Australia B773ERs (one is newly painted to Virgin Australia)..

Sydney must be doing well!!

Hi,

This morning, I went to Sydney Int'l to pick up my sister arriving from Malaysia and I noticed this BA B772ER reg: G-YMMI that parked

next to it's big sister B744 G-BNLI (Oneworld livery).

Question is, sometime back in April this year I saw the same B772ER with it's left inner engine cowling unpainted due to whatever the

reason is... and today, it's still unpainted. Why this long??

Also, MAS B744 suppose to arrive at 9.33am but instead at 9.07am, talking about punctuality. Great on you MAS!

FYI, it's been a while since I last visited Kingsford Smith and today was a treat... saw 2 Air China A332s, 2 Garuda A332/333,

2 Emirates B773ER/A388, 2 Cathay Pacific A333s, 2 Thai A346s, 2 United B744s, 2 V Australia B773ERs (one is newly painted to Virgin Australia)..

Sydney must be doing well!!

Not sure about the B777 engine painting.

As for so many diverse airlines at Sydney Airport, since it is a flight restricted airport especially at night, a lot of airlines flew in early morning and will leave before midnight of the day. Usually most biggies airline dispatch more than an aircraft to uplift most numbers of pax it can. Also the some of the reasons why Qantas is now 'rapped' left, right and center for falling int'l pax numbers.

Eugene, you must be talking about this V Australia 77W painted in Virgin Australia scheme?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Virgin-Australia-Airlines/Boeing-777-3ZG-ER/2016571/L/&sid=4c19f132895c87c84a43ba738ba956fc

I am glad that they made the decision to keep the original V Australia scheme and this particular bird, VH-VPE, was my ride from Nadi, Fiji to Sydney last year!

Talking about punctuality, it depends whether you have head wind or tail wind, I suppose. My recent flight with Emirates' 77W arrived into MEL 40 mins earlier than scheduled (Scheduled 2.05am, actual arrival 1:25am) thanks to the tail wind.

Sign in to follow this