MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Attan

The Boeing 747

"Her wings have now come to life and they are causing a span-wise flow of air off of the wingtips into a 'vortex' that continues out from those wings to the runway edges. This forced swirl of air soon begins to interact with the snow that has been deposited along the runway edges by the snowplows.

Continuing along now at 140 knots her engines have finally been able to get RAM air into their frontal zones, for free........."

Cap'n Tarmack

------------

Those words were written a few years back and I saved that article somewhere. I happened to find it again by chance and thought of sharing it with you guys. I still think it's one of the most beautiful outpouring of love for the B747. To read it in full go to:

B747_1

B747_2

B747_3

Wise One,

I always remember Captain Tarmack from my early Flight simulator days. I believe some phrases are also found on the Precision Simulator 1.3 manual. I got an original full copy of the program. He was the initial team on Project Magenta but something bad happen and he left the team ever since. Last heard and saw, he was very active on the GA scene, especially in Oshkosh Airshow, with his refurbished GA plane. Thanks for bringing in the memories.

And yes, the 747 is such a lovely plane and I had a lovely ride on SQ 002 and SQ 001 throughout last week. Refused to budge even in the moderate choppy conditions. Steady man!! My Triple Seven is just so stiff on the ride and feels like toppling at times. However I see that the 747 has seen its best years with SQ. The cabin interior are not so plush anymore and all galley equipment and IFE systems are quite old.

Nevertheless, long live the queen.

LeeCH

You're one of the few who know about Cap'n Tarmack. He's quite a guy and reminds me of Bob Hoover and Chuck Yeager.

Simply amaxing words...

reflects what all of us here feel when we think, see or fly on an airplane as gracious and magnificent as a Boeing 747.

Great find Attan!

Sign in to follow this