MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Hakan

1 minute "respect silence" in whole Turkish airspace

Actually I couldn't decide to open in here or Golden Lounge becouse if this topic related with aviaiton and non-avition! Moderators are free to move if they wish.

Two days ago we lost 24 young soldiers in a heavy attack by kurdish terrorists to 5 different army outpost/bases along border of northern Iraq.We lost more than 130 soldiers and 50 civillians in 6 months in here and last event was extremely upset to all Turkey. As you know (if you following interational news) Turkish Army began an operation to track them(terrorists)by surface and air.

Last two days are very emotional and sad days for us with funeral ceremonies of martyrs.

Air Traffic controllers wanted to show their respect and action against terrorism and our lost. And they made "1 minute" respect silence in whole Turkish airspace with fully silence on communication except emergency situations. In this video, air traffic controllers says that;

- "we are invating to all Turkish pilots for 1 minutes silence in communication for 24 martyrs lost in traitorous attack yesterday.During this action we will only response to urgent calls, thank you for your cooperation"

after 1 minutes calling Turkish pilot says that;

"we all pilots would like to thanks for your kind and emotional invitation. Our hearts always will be with them"

as far as I know it is first time in aviation history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoyPxZ0vAjA

Very sorry to hear of this military tragedy. During our flights DOH/OSL with QR a few days ago I noticed the flight paths took us right over Kurdish area, just east of Diyarbakir. With the military operations now on, is the airspace closed for civilian flights?

No, there is no restriction for civillian flights but I'm sure they should be inform the traffics for some flightlevels when used by Turkish Air Forces. I don't think so released a NOTAM becouse of it must be secret.

Sign in to follow this