MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Pilot fined for trespass at Changi Airport transit area

A pilot was fined $600 on Thursday for wilfully trespassing at Changi airport's transit area last July.

Kelvin Kwan Zhia Tat, 32, pleaded guilty to donning his Singapore Airlines pilot uniform and pretending to be on official duty at Terminal 2's transit area without satisfactory excuse.

A court heard that he arrived at Changi Airport on July 22 last year with a female friend who was departing for Bangkok. He was wearing his SIA uniform and crew pass when he was not on duty.

His intention was to send his friend off at the transit area. After getting in, he went to the nearby toilet and changed into civilian attire.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_710707.html

Hahaha ... all airpass holders have been made aware of such rules at the time of issuance, but many think they could still circumvent them.

It surprises me to hear that the pilot has been found guilty of this trespass ... personally, I never thought the authorities would really enforce these rules.

KC Sim

It surprises me to hear that the pilot has been found guilty of this trespass ... personally, I never thought the authorities would really enforce these rules.

It's good to tell the world that "I do my job" from time to time... :rolleyes:

I will be checking-in in terminal 1. is it possible to access to terminal 2 or 3 on the airside.

Yup, just be sure to enter airside via T1 Immigration Point. Once in, you can walk or take the aerotrain to T2/T3 via D/C pier respectively.

Yup, just be sure to enter airside via T1 Immigration Point. Once in, you can walk or take the aerotrain to T2/T3 via D/C pier respectively.

thanks..

Sign in to follow this