MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Teoh Z Yao

Should an SIA Girl sleep among passenger seats?

The world must have gone mad.

Really, some people have nothing better to do! Taking pictures and put on Facebook or Youtube.....let others comment, comment and comment. Really nothing to do??! If the guy/lady who took the picture is a first timer, he/she is forgiven...

So what if they are having a rest? They are human as well. Those B777-200ER plying NZ most probably has no crew bunk rest. Airlines around the world do that, its a standard operating procedures. I hope those two Singapore Girls are not reprimanded for this.

Human of Earth there are more critical issues on Earth that we need to solve, don't spend your time on trivial matters like this one~~~

Peace on Earth! :pardon: :yahoo:

Tiny people petty little things :pardon:

So much talk and comment, if I were the passenger, I would symphatise the entire situation and treatment to the crews and would accuse the airlines instead for failing to provide adequate and rest zones for them.

I flew on Air China from Beijing to London-LHR in April ... and six seats at the rear of the A330-200 were designated crew seats. The curtain that could be drawn around the seats managed to protect the sleeping crew members from public eyes, but it could not have been comfortable. From time to time, passengers going to the washroom would pry open the curtains to curiously find out what behind - and shockingly, even a Caucasian passenger did it.

I was seated right next to these seats ... and did my best not to bother them or make any noise, knowing they needed the rest. Requiring the crew to sleep in passenger seats is not the best solution but if that is all that is available, then let's give them some privacy and not try to photograph them - and worse still, post it online. We expect good service from them and so should also give them the chance to have some decent rest.

These crew members have my utmost sympathy ... and respect. The Air China crew emerged from their rest in this curtained "cocoon" looking like a million bucks, all smiles and ready to serve again.

So next time you see crew members resting among you, give them some privacy and understand how tough it must be for them ... especially.

KC Sim

maybe airlines should provide real horizontal rest or business class seats to crew members to REALLY rest. honestly, how could one rest properly on a seat like that.

Sign in to follow this