MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Abdul Qayyum

KVS availability tool

I think the only other "software" that may be "free" is your travel agent.

I've used KVS Tool for a few yrs now and it is indeed a great software and worth paying for. Can even beat my travel agent in terms of getting seat maps, peculiar routes, checking availability by booking class/ fare buckets and aircraft types. The only thing I cannot do is issue the ticket.

I've used KVS Tool for a few yrs now and it is indeed a great software and worth paying for. Can even beat my travel agent in terms of getting seat maps, peculiar routes, checking availability by booking class/ fare buckets and aircraft types. The only thing I cannot do is issue the ticket.

Interesting... does the software show the availability of redemption seats for Star Alliance / One World too (e.g. booking class I, X) ?

though i cant proceed the queries in the software, im pretty amazed with its function..gave me idea for my final year project

since I just want to play and experiment the software, i dont think the minimum contribution would be worth..

dont KVS have trial version??

Edited by Abdul Qayyum

I remember when I first found out about how to view GDS info etc and spents hours reading flyertalk to learn about it. Over the past few years there have been many free tools come and go which is a shame. I've used KVS and its a good tool and was especially useful years back when I used to travel LHR-KUL on VS C class tickets and needed to change my flight. If I remember correctly VS only had 7 or 8 business class seats on the plane so it was often a challenge to get a seat.

Other tools to look at are expert flyer and if its just availabiliy info you want then flightstats is free.

I remember when I first found out about how to view GDS info etc and spents hours reading flyertalk to learn about it. Over the past few years there have been many free tools come and go which is a shame. I've used KVS and its a good tool and was especially useful years back when I used to travel

LHR-KUL on VS C class tickets and needed to change my flight.

We're glad you are enjoying your KVS Tool memberships!

Interesting... does the software show the availability of redemption seats for Star Alliance / One World too (e.g. booking class I, X) ?

It sure does -- KVS Tool has 100% Star Alliance award/upgrade availability coverage and virtually complete award coverage for OneWorld and SkyTeam -- please see http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Classes for the complete list.

Cool. I'll have to check this out. I use Expert Flyer.