MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
reyneo

Self Transit at LCCT

Hey guys, I'm travelling to Korea with some friends in late december with D7 and my KUL-ICN/GMP-CJU sectors have been booked and confirmed quite some time ago during D7's Seoul Launch Period. (thanks to a couple of your guys here for your help on that :) )

And until a few days ago, I had planned to travel SIN-KUL & back by train due to the outrageous prices of SIN-KUL flights during the christmas holidays. Unfortunately, when I crossed over to JB to buy my train tickets, KTMB told me that ALL tickets in ALL classes have been sold out for the days that I needed to travel. Thankfully, I noticed that both AK and TR have recently slashed the prices of their early morning KUL-SIN flight on the day that i was returning back!

However, for AirAsia & Tiger, my connection time is only 2hr15min or 2hr 35min respectively... a bit tight if I have to clear immigration, rush for check-in, clear immigration a second time to go back in, especially if my D7 flight gets delayed...

So I was wondering if Air Asia has check-in counters at Air Side so I don't have to get out of the transit area? (I'm pretty sure Tiger doesn't) Or if they have document check stations at air side? (I dont mind doing web check in to print my boarding pass on my own). Or can I do web check-in and get my KUL-SIN boarding pass endorsed in Seoul? Or actually, are the arriving and departing areas of the LCCT even the same or are they separated?

My ICN-KUL flight arrives at 5.05am, while

AK's KUL-SIN flight departs 7.20am (Price: RM85 + RM9 Convenience Fee)

TR's KUL-SIN flight departs 7.40am (Price: RM80 + SGD6 Convenience Fee)

So basically, if I can get my boarding pass without leaving the transit area, I think AK's flight would be better. If not, should I try to risk going land-side to check in with tiger, or do you guys think I'm most likely not gonna make it? Anyone knows how long immigration (both entering and leaving) would take for a non-malaysian?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

p/s: speaking of convenience fees.. TR's SGD6 can be avoided if I pay with a Dinars card, while AK's RM9 should be avoidable by paying with direct debit... which used to be eNETs for Singaporeans, but when i tried doing a mock booking, that options no longer exists. Instead, I now have to select from a list of Malaysian banks, of which only one - Maybank has branches in Singapore. Does anybody know if you can pay direct debit with a maybank singapore account?

EDIT: I forgot to add that we will be travelling with only hand-carry luggage.

Edited by reyneo

If you dont have any luggage to check in. You are able to check in online up to 1 week before your flight ( if im not mistaken) for AirAsia. Then shouldnt be a problem even if you check out and clear immigration once again.