MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Vietnam’s Air Mekong set to take off

HANOI: Mekong, Vietnam’s third private air carrier, is scheduled to launch its first flights on October 10, Vietnam News Agency (VNA) reported.

“The Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam (CAAV) will finish its checks and appraisal to enable Air Mekong’s operation next month,” the company said in a press release.

“Air Mekong is scheduled to begin selling tickets from mid-September and to launch its first flights on October 10,” the company said. — Bernama

The airline is scheduled to fly from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City to Da Nang, Nha Trang, Da Lat and Phu Quoc. In addition,it has also asked permission to fly from HCM City to Con Dao, Buon Me Thuot, Hai Phong and Vinh.

On Aug 15, the airline received delivery of four made-in-Canada Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft owned by Skywest Leasing Inc of the US.

Each aircraft has 95 business and economy-class seats.

Air Mekong was established in 2009 by Ha Long Investment and Development Company. It will be headquartered at Phu Quoc Airport. The other two private carriers in Vietnam are Indochina Airlines and VietJet AirAsia.

The CAAV said there were a number of organisations and individuals planning to launch airlines.

To qualify, private operators must have a charter capital of at least 500 billion VND (US$26.3 million) to fly internationally and 200 billion VND (US$10.5 million) to launch domestic flights. Airlines must also meet strict aviation and security standards.

In addition, first to use CRJ equipment in the region by advance of short landing and takeoff ability.

Former name is Phu Quoc Air

Air Mekong: First fly will be on 08 Oct 2010 (SGN-PQC-SGN) for grand opening and then on 10 Oct 2010 AM will fly: HAN-PQC-SGN-HAN.

Thanks for the info kanehoshi! :)

Very good - I will be going to HCMC in April next year and may include a trip to PQC. I wonder if tickets are bookable on the Internet?

Nice pix of the staff - are you an "official photographer" for the airline?

I wonder if tickets are bookable on the Internet?

Nice pix of the staff - are you an "official photographer" for the airline?

Dear flee,

AM e-ticket will sales about from 8 SEP 2010 by AM web.

and I am just lucky man; I am not an "official photographer" for the airline.

Cheers,

airmekong-33.jpg

Hi Kanehoshi, any more cabin shots? :clapping:

Sign in to follow this