MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
KC Sim

Berjaya Air's Singapore service

Berjaya Air has finally made the decision to move from Seletar Airport to Changi Airport ... it has long baffled me why it did not see the benefit of going to Changi.

This will happen in November 2010 and I am a little curious about the timing of the move. November marks the onset of the Northeast monsoon which results in the closure of Redang and Tioman services. The airline's General Manager Mr Tan Bee Hock has hinted of services from Subang to Singapore - which incidentally will become the fourth user of the Budget Terminal (after Tiger Airways, Cebu Pacific Air and Firefly). According to him, about 30-40 percent of Berjaya's Air clientele in Singapore are connecting from another flight.

It remains to be seen how her fares will be adjusted. Up to now, Berjaya Air's fares are extremely uncompetitive. I am glad that I had the opportunity to fly on the Dash 7 before the ATR72s came along. As shabby as the cabin was - and the cabin crew was noisily slurping her packet food in the galley - it was an experience indded. I love sitting by the window next to the main undercarriage and seeing it "lengthen" when the aircraft lifted off and "shorten" dramatically when the plane touches down.

So finally the curtain is coming down on Seletar Airport in terms of scheduled passenger services.

KC Sim

This was already covered here :) http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=14356&view=findpost&p=261587

Berjaya Air has finally made the decision to move from Seletar Airport to Changi Airport ... it has long baffled me why it did not see the benefit of going to Changi.

This will happen in November 2010 and I am a little curious about the timing of the move. November marks the onset of the Northeast monsoon which results in the closure of Redang and Tioman services. The airline's General Manager Mr Tan Bee Hock has hinted of services from Subang to Singapore - which incidentally will become the fourth user of the Budget Terminal (after Tiger Airways, Cebu Pacific Air and Firefly). According to him, about 30-40 percent of Berjaya's Air clientele in Singapore are connecting from another flight.

It remains to be seen how her fares will be adjusted. Up to now, Berjaya Air's fares are extremely uncompetitive. I am glad that I had the opportunity to fly on the Dash 7 before the ATR72s came along. As shabby as the cabin was - and the cabin crew was noisily slurping her packet food in the galley - it was an experience indded. I love sitting by the window next to the main undercarriage and seeing it "lengthen" when the aircraft lifted off and "shorten" dramatically when the plane touches down.

So finally the curtain is coming down on Seletar Airport in terms of scheduled passenger services.

KC Sim

this will increase the number of airlines operating and destinations served at singapore's changi airport. :)

KC Sim

berjaya air's fares is extremely expensive is because they still operating some old dash 7 aircraft which too costly for maintain.i believe with the new atr 72 aircraft,they can offer a lower fares.

Edited by dean hizudy

Sign in to follow this