MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Denny Yen

44 knots crosswind landing

1615692.jpg

CS-TKN (cn 624) This month of November had been really good for us spotters, with so many different things coming by!! Not being a different A/C, this one deserved some attention... These pilots were caught in some wind shear, and it was really close to total disaster, since the wing almost touched the ground! You can also see the stress in main landing gear... At that time, there were gusts up to 44 knots of crosswind, and heavy turbulence was reported! I'm glad that everything ended up well.. [Canon 40D + Sigma 120-400

http://www.airliners.net/photo/SATA-International/Airbus-A310-325-ET/1615692/M/

I dont see any rudder correction from this angle? :blink:

The spotter's lucky day for spotted this! :clapping:

based on the aircraft's apparent position on the runway (i.e. far left of centreline) it is no wonder why there is no apparent left rudder... with the wind coming from the LHS of this picture, and already being left of centreline there would be no natural instinct to use left rudder... especially if this was a last minute bit of crosswind gust... if the whole approach was like this... should've gone around.. yikes... pilots sure would have had some form of shrinkage after that landing though. Made for a very nice photo.

Sign in to follow this