MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Adam Amir

asking to see the cockpit

Everytime I've tried,I got the same answer: "Sorry this is not allowed due to safety reasons..." except if you're 5 years old.

Don't know about Singapore Airlines though.

Adam, i was in the cockpit almost everyday during my time with AK 3 yrs ago.

It was fun & i enjoyed it so much, well for dawestsides, good luck on you for your next flight! :clapping:

Why not, Adam? When I boarded the aircraft at PEN, I was greeted by a cabin crew. I requested for cockpit visit later after the plane has landed in SIN. He told me to stand aside and gave him a second, he went straight into the cockpit and talked to the S/O (Captain was in bathroom). And guess what I was granted a visit right before we departed. I talked to both pilots, where the Captain turned out to be Penangite like myself and wish me luck for my interview. :good:

Also, I was offered to have a seat on the left seat of an UA 319 by the Captain himself at IAD :good:

Another two times were on AK's 320 right seat and Tiger's 320 left seat at SIN and HKG.

:D

Edited by Min Chun

Give it a try. I think during flight might be a bit difficult, but another Mwinger Sam did. He even managed sit in the jumpseat for the rest of the flight!

Don't think it is much a problem if you ask nicely :). Not for the whole flight though, probably before taking off, or after landing you might get a quick peek.

Manage to get in a few AK A320, MH737 once, and AC767. The Air Canada Captain was that nice, he invited without me asking ;)

Edited by Walter Sim

Don't think it is much a problem if you ask nicely :). Not for the whole flight though, probably before taking off, or after landing you might get a quick peek.

Manage to get in a few AK A320, MH737 once, and AC767. The Air Canada Captain was that nice, he invited without me asking ;)

Seems like angmoh is always friendlier even after 911 :good:

Sign in to follow this