MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Hisham Albakri

Previous flights - anyone can help?

Guys - There were a few flights that I took in the last 12 years which I, for some reason or another, had no memory sad.gif of the types of aircraft which I boarded. I was wondering if anyone could help identify the types of aircraft ...

1. Flight from the old Subang T1 to Taipei on MH in June or July 1994. The flight stopped in JB and I disembarked! It was a twin-aisled wide-bodied aircraft ... was it an A330 (A300?) or MD11 ohmy.gif Anyone ... ?!?

2. Flights from Subang's T2 on SQ to SIN (subsequently to LHR on a B744) return in June 1996, April 1997 and April 1998. These ones I honestly couldn't recall whether they were twin-aisled wide-bodied ones or single-aisle narrow-bodied ones sad.gif ... anyone?!?

1. The aircraft could be a MAS Airbus A300B4-203. MAS used this type to HKG, TPE and Japan frequently. Alternately it could be a MAS DC-10-30, MD-11 or a Boeing 747-236B/-3H6M enroute to LAX. Judging that it made a stop at JHB, it should be an Airbus A300. Can you briefly describe the interior layout or seat finishes. if you can remember it? MAS only received their first Airbus A330-300 around 1995. All four Airbus A300 have been retired by 1992, if I am not wrong.

2. Around 1996 and 1997, SQ would have used the Airbus A310-200 or A310-300 to KUL. Although sometimes they also send their Airbus A340-313X and Boeing 747-200/300/400 (which they used during that time) during peak seasons. The chances of catching these is rather minimal. So, I would say it it is very likely to be a A310-200/300. SQ does not own any narrow body after they have retired all the Boeing 757-212s during the late 80s.

Hope this helps smile.gif

Edited by S V Choong

Thanks for the analysis SV smile.gif

1. I honestly do not recall the interior layout of the aircraft. All I could recall was that it was a work trip (to Pasir Gudang) during World Cup USA '94 and the inflight announcements made during the flight were in Malay, English and Mandarin; and it was definitely a twin-aisled aircraft. It was definitely not a jumbo and since the A300s were retired in 1992 and the A330s only came about in 1995 - then this one's either a DC10 or MD11. So can anyone further identify whether I was on a DC10 or MD11 ohmy.gif

2. The SQs I took in '96, '97 and '98 were either the A310 or A340 then. Again, it definitely wasn't a jumbo but I did take SQ's B747-200 during a flight from SIN to KUL in 1995. I accompanied my wife for her work trip then. Our flight back to KUL was supposed to be on MH (our KUL to SIN flight was on MH's B737-400) but we changed to an earlier flight, hence the SQ B747 smile.gif

I don't ever recall SIA operating A340s into SZB.. but i do know that A313s were prevalant at SZB and there was one flight per day operated by a 744 even!

I don't ever recall SIA operating A340s into SZB..

SQ received their A343 around 1995, at the time Subang was still operational (until 1998). I did see them parked at Terminal 2.

Those A340s were in such bad shape in the last few months at SQ! Even now, they are not that flash smile.gif we see them in PER quite often with Emirates!

Sign in to follow this