MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Imran K.

Emirates SkyCargo's newest route

Greetings forummers..

Emirates SkyCargo is to start freighter services from Dubai to Lilongwe, the capital of Malawi, from January 13 in a joint operation with Air Cargo, a subsidiary of Air Malawi.

This will be Emirates SkyCargo's 12th African destination, with an Airbus A310-300F freighter servicing this route once a week on Fridays.

The other 11 include Cairo, Accra, Lagos, Nairobi, Casablanca, Tripoli, Jo'Burg, Dar Es Salaam, Entebbe, Khartoum and Mauritius. Most of these destinations may not receive DEDICATED freighter services...but they are regularly serviced by the freighters belonging to the EK SkyCargo division.

Note: Not only is EK expanding its passenger routes...its also expanding its freighter routes..thus enabling it with a wider platform with which it can amass even greater wealth than it has previously amassed.

Bet you the cargo will include briyani for introduction to the Malawians - anytime better than sweet corn.

This will be Emirates SkyCargo's 12th African destination, with an Airbus A310-300F freighter servicing this route once a week on Fridays.

This was reported by someone in DXB 05jan06:

A6-EFC A.310F Emirates Sky Cargo c/n 622 , arrived into Dubai this afternoon on delivery and is ex F-OGQT

wink.gif

Any chance of SKyCargo flying to KLIA???

23817[/snapback]

They've done a few freighter charters into KLIA...however...nothing scheduled for now. The demand for cargo between the 2 places isnt really that high....

Cargo all "taken up" by MH, I guess ohmy.gif wink.gif

Cargo all "taken up" by MH, I guess  ohmy.gif  wink.gif

23982[/snapback]

Well..passengers seem to prefer EK over MAS..so i guess MAS might cash in on the cargo...

Sign in to follow this