MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
H Azmal

Paya Lebar Airport Announcement

Interesting clip. Pardon the ignorance, but do they still maintain the trilingual announcement at CHangi? I like the voice of the announcer - typical Singaporean voice, asserting authority. Is that Juanita Melson's voice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ2wx38piIw

EDIT: Apparently the film is banned in Malaysia and was in Singapore too. Haha

Edited by H Azmal

Here's the plot of the movie I got from IMDB - Compelling character study, revolving around Jack Flowers (Ben Gazzara), an American hustler trying to make his fortune in 1970s Singapore in small time pimping. He dreams of building a fortune by running a brothel himself and returning to the States to lead a life of luxury. Savvy but not unsavory he strikes up a friendship with William Leigh (Denholm Elliot), a genial and decent auditor who travels to Singapore every year. Ultimately, the background of the Vietnam War comes into the picture as Jack is offered the opportunity by the CIA to run a brothel for the R&R activities of U.S. soldiers on leave in Singapore.

No wonder it's banned!

Guest redharahmad

Interesting clip. Pardon the ignorance, but do they still maintain the trilingual announcement at CHangi? I like the voice of the announcer - typical Singaporean voice, asserting authority. Is that Juanita Melson's voice?

Sadly they no longer do that in Changi. Most announcements are made in English only, with Malay announcements being made only for flights originating/departing destinations in Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia and flights to Jeddah carrying Malay/Muslim pilgrims.

Sign in to follow this