MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
singyc

Tourism Minister arouses ire of airline workers' unions

3043640128_04c52c4495.jpg?v=0

Know what's wrong with this picture? Datuk Seri Azalina complaining about any Malaysian airline wehn she flys with SQ. My brother in law saw her on SQ flight! Since when gomen officials fly anything but "local"? Aren't they obligated to show solidarity and promoted Malaysia?

Congratulations on your dumbfounded statements, Honourable Minister...

It's no wonder she doesn't know MH at all - she flies with SQ...

I am going to agree to with her partially on MH service standards...

I tried calling MH Penang office (number obtained from MH website - Ticketing and Admin line).For 3 bloody days I tried WITHOUT anyone answering at all. :finger: :finger: Did not want to call the toll free as it is related to Pg office. Thought I'd do them a favour by giving them a feedback, submitted a feedback through their website, almost after 2 weeks, I received a Generic email from MH.....

What the $#!@$ =@ - no wonder a lot of Penangites are turning to SQ/CX/TG for flights out of Malaysia (yours truly too)

Edited by yeadrian

Just because she flew once on SQ, she automatically flies on SQ all the time is it?

What! She flew with SQ?! That's not very Malaysian!

Oh, really? LOL I fly exclusively SQ wor

Sigh looks like this issue has spun off into another thread. I think IJ should invite her to shadow him just for ONE day to see what kind of decisions are made. How to be an airline CEO for one day... Then we come back and talk about GLC-commitments and profitability.

Even without all the crises hurting the whole aviation industry it is hard to imagine ANY airline not fighting for future survival. So it is 'interesting' to say the least that our minister has such a naive simplistic view on matters.

Just because she flew once on SQ, she automatically flies on SQ all the time is it?

Oh, really? LOL I fly exclusively SQ wor

unless if you are an honourable minister like her (not sure in her case I want to use such an honourable term) - some more Min of tourism - then flying other country's flag carrier is a no no!!

consumers like you and me are free to choose !! :drinks:

I am a SQ person la....

first the not so honorable minister had screwed up the youth ministry, now she (or is it 'he') wants to screwed up the tourism ministry. :finger: :finger: :finger:

or is this another issue to boost her (read 'his') image for the up coming party election next march.

Just a thinking though on why the SQ .. if one resides at area such as Desaru (or Pengerang, in this case) , maybe easier (and faster) to travel to/from Changi. Changi just like 45minutes away using ferry/luxurious boat etc, no?

A long, more an hour away to travel from JHB to Desaru, that a fact. Note: Disregard any protocol/privileges.

* Now where should I go to hide? hmm ... * :pardon:

It does not make really any big difference, when you book international tickets - cost of JHB to KUL is factored in to the ticket, we are not charged specifically for the sector.May pay a little bit extra though. Passenger's Luggage handling is easier - JHB to destination.....

Issues - the time to connection, longer layover in KLIA maybe.

It's a hassle to go through Malaysia/Singapore immigration and causeway and out through Changi immigration,

Going through the causeway is also a hassle, now with the extra checks and daily traffic jam.....

Taxi to Singapore and back, (is quite expensive convert to Ringgit)

I did not know there are ferries from JHB to Changi direct? Is it at the terminal at Eden Garden Hotel there where there are Bintan ferries ???

Good thing - More choice of airlines

Beautiful terminal 3, shopping, SQ,

Just a thinking though on why the SQ .. if one resides at area such as Desaru (or Pengerang, in this case) , maybe easier (and faster) to travel to/from Changi. Changi just like 45minutes away using ferry/luxurious boat etc, no?

A long, more an hour away to travel from JHB to Desaru, that a fact. Note: Disregard any protocol/privileges.

* Now where should I go to hide? hmm ... * :pardon:

Guest redharahmad

[quote name='yeadrian' date='Nov 21 2008, 09:31 PM' post='202032'

I did not know there are ferries from JHB to Changi direct? Is it at the terminal at Eden Garden Hotel there where there are Bintan ferries ???

Hmmm i think the only ferry service is a once daily ferry from Desaru to Changi Point Ferry Terminal which operates mainly for guests of the resorts in Desaru.

unless if you are an honourable minister like her (not sure in her case I want to use such an honourable term) - some more Min of tourism - then flying other country's flag carrier is a no no!!

consumers like you and me are free to choose !! :drinks:

I am a SQ person la....

yeadrian, I'm with you on this. Her job is to protect Malaysian interest at the very least. She should lead by exampel.