MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

Capetown airport closed 27nov2005

2 weeks ago, my flight JNB-ZRH was delayed by about 2 hours due to severe thunderstorms in JNB - so any flight in and out of the airport was delayed and given that there is about 5 flights per hour CPT-JNB... the airport must be crammed!

Last friday night, most flights out of Jo'berg was again delayed by about 3 hours. I only know because spotting on Sat. morning, SA274 and LX289 arrived late (so they did not arrive in the dark, but just after sunrise - yay!). I can only assume that there was another storm that means that all the connecting passengers into JNB were delayed. Now this news? hmm... and there is only one runway in CPT...

There are 2 runways... been there a few times but I have never seen the other one being used. So I assumed that the second one is used as a taxiway only. My bad...

This might have been asked before. But how long is the KUL-JNB-CPT-EZE flight? Seems like a long flight..... especially to get to EZE.

How long do they stop at JNB and CPT? Any change of crew?

S V,

Here's the MH schedule KUL-EZE (all times local):

MH0201 KUL 0105 JNB 0525/0645 CPT 0850/1020 EZE 1450

MH0202 EZE 2045 CPT 0930+/1045+ JNB 1240+/1410+ KUL 0620++

JNB-CPT-JNB no traffic-rights mad.gif

No idea where the crew-change will be: CPT or JNB mellow.gif

Guest Fendy
S V,

Here's the MH schedule KUL-EZE (all times local):

MH0201 KUL 0105 JNB 0525/0645 CPT 0850/1020 EZE 1450

MH0202 EZE 2045 CPT 0930+/1045+ JNB 1240+/1410+ KUL 0620++

JNB-CPT-JNB no traffic-rights  mad.gif

No idea where the crew-change will be: CPT or JNB  mellow.gif

17828[/snapback]

crew change at CPT and JNB.

crew change at CPT and JNB.

17875[/snapback]

Expensip laaaaaaah: in order to cut crew/hotel/expense-cost, I would make it KUL-JNB 1 crew and JNB-CPT-EZE another crew...same for return: EZE-CPT-JNB 1 crew and JNB-KUL another crew...bloody expensive for 1 crew just to operate CPT-JNB v.v. ohmy.gif

Guest Fendy
Expensip laaaaaaah: in order to cut crew/hotel/expense-cost, I would make it KUL-JNB 1 crew and JNB-CPT-EZE another crew...same for return: EZE-CPT-JNB 1 crew and JNB-KUL another crew...bloody expensive for 1 crew just to operate CPT-JNB v.v.  ohmy.gif

17893[/snapback]

yeah, it seems like it is, but thats how i experience when i flew MH202/MH204. they changed crew in CPT, and in JNB, and the same crew which op on CPT-JNB on MH202 op on MH204 the next day.

so more or less it was like this

EZE-CPT crew A. crew change in CPT.

CPT-JNB crew B. crew change in JNB.

JNB-KUL crew C.

the next flight comes in and takes crew A CPT-JNB.

JNB-KUL is then operated by crew B.

Thanks Fendy, seems there is a lot of savings to get here in view of crew costs (saw in another thread too, something about inefficiencies ohmy.gif )

Sign in to follow this