MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rahim Rani

Now You Can Part Time....

Guest Rahim Rani

To: Mas Citizens

Recently I read in newspaper, stated by your CEO (if I not mistaken) that you are now able to do part time and also take leave in a long period with T & C applied. So, any of you have any idea what are you going to do? Do the training for flight simmers maybe? or selling 'sate' at pasar malam?

Is it apply to all MAS Staffs or middle management below only?

How about if I suggest MAS citizenns selling my brooch, pearl necklace & crystal as your part time? :yahoo:

Can make big money also you know....coming soon is bulan puasa (fasting month) and Hari Raya Festival coming on....selling dates & 'ayam bakar' or bubur lambuk is more practical....

Yummy..makes me hungry la...haiya...lapar la pulok...!

Guest Rahim Rani
Not applicable to shift workers and crew.

Capt,

Do you mean for ground staff ONLY?

Capt,

Do you mean for ground staff ONLY?

Not really. I think it is for the pen-pushers and bean-counters only; those who come to the office at 9 am and leave at 5 pm, Monday to Friday. Offer is not extended to crew and engineering staff.

Some of the ground staff are not earning much, especially the junior ranking staff. The management should have implemented this policy long time ago. Everyone is working for survival.

Not really. I think it is for the pen-pushers and bean-counters only; those who come to the office at 9 am and leave at 5 pm, Monday to Friday. Offer is not extended to crew and engineering staff.

What about the many other "pen pushers" who start at 9am and typically end their work days at 8pm, and many times much later, say 2-3am.

Comes to the office on every other Saturdays and sometimes also on Sundays whene there's deadlines to meet.

Even takes their work home and even have to attend to problems after office hours.

From what I've observed, I see a lot more of these people in MH. I am sad for them. For they are the ones who will now have to take the additional weight left behind by those who takes up the offer.

Guest Rahim Rani

But from what I can say, MH citizens quite lucky this time because Idris Jala giving this kind of options rather than VSS or retranchment especially during this uncondusive financial season. Not like our corporation...(a GLC shipping company), during financial turbulance, they just retranched staffs and that's it....done. People gone....and seems still not enuff, they gave VSS (selected staff) for second round.

Sometimes I don't understand with Malaysian style of management....more towards cronism and political bias, never think about employees. But yes, I still understand the right way of managing things where they suppose to encourage employees to be more productive....expand and be the top brand rather than shrinking smaller in order to make share holders happy every time.

Employees as an asset

This could be always in management mind, but not on realizing it because Malaysian style is to see more RM. Pleasing the share holder too much is the new trend in Malaysian market culture, taking more than they suppose to. I really dunno where did they learn this??? from Israel perhaps...

Anyhow, support from government is really important...but seems not everything that been supported...i.e. Airasia operating from Subang...but how come firefly and recently new private jet company are able to operate from there? (MH people...sorry, no intention to insult you regarding this matter, it's for discussion only)

Recent article said, especially in shipping business, Malaysian company do not have enough Malaysian seaman working on board, but numbers show that trained seaman was more than enough....but yet, shipping company still using foreigners to work with high pay salaries. Is this also happened in our aviation industry? Could anyone clarify pls.

End of today's writing.... :nea:

Edited by Rahim Rani

What about the many other "pen pushers" who start at 9am and typically end their work days at 8pm, and many times much later, say 2-3am.

Comes to the office on every other Saturdays and sometimes also on Sundays where there's deadlines to meet.

Even takes their work home and even have to attend to problems after office hours.

From what I've observed, I see a lot more of these people in MH. I am sad for them. For they are the ones who will now have to take the additional weight left behind by those who takes up the offer.

Sad to say, there are departments that are overstaffed, and there are that is understaffed. And there are departments that don't even need to exist.

Sad to say, there are departments that are overstaffed, and there are that is understaffed. And there are departments that don't even need to exist.

If this is the case, then there needs to be a reorganization at MAS. Management that is efficient results in an airline that is efficient. You can't have hard workers putting in the long hours along side slackers, in fact there should not be a need to have dead weights and an overstaffed dept. They are a burden to the hard working men and women at MAS.

Sign in to follow this