MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Rumour: Emirates to Dispose Off SriLankan

I frankly think that unless one is an insider or is familiar with the people managing the airline, it is unfair to call the airline a messed-up entity likened to Biman. In my previous work, I have closely communicated with a good number of top and middle-management representatives of SriLankan Airlines . . . and invariably, I came away with the strong impression that they are a highly intelligent and technically proficient people. There is a lot to be said about Emirates' involvement with SriLankan Airlines and you can be sure that not everyone is thrilled to bits about extending the decade-long relationship. Suffice to say that Emirates has played a key role in improving the performance of SriLankan Airlines but it has not been charity on Emirates' part. From my understanding, the same people that I have been very impressed with continue to be holding the reins in their respective departments.

For as long as politics does not come in the way, I personally see SriLankan Airlines moving ahead to carve for itself a good reputation. The service onboard is indeed very good - I have flown with them several times and without exception, service is extremely warm, friendly and very spontaneous. For an airline that has been through so much, SriLankan Airlines is indeed a survivor and a good one at that.

I hope that SriLankan Airlines restores Zurich - one of its most important destination before it was "convinced" to drop that in favour of codeshared services with Emirates - and perhaps other destinations in Europe.

KC Sim

Agreed KC Sim, as long as politics does not come in the way, I can see them growing but the chances of that happening is very likely unless something is done soon about the interference, too much perhaps.

:clapping:

Sign in to follow this