MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Min Chun

Do SQ/AK accept?

Sorry guys..One of my friend is planning to undergo the LASIK surgery to correct her sigh shorteness before applying to the airlines[either SQ or AK].

Btw, do SQ and AK accepts those who'd underwent this surgery as their cadet pilot?

I need an precise and confirm answer..Thanks guy

Sorry guys..One of my friend is planning to undergo the LASIK surgery to correct her sigh shorteness before applying to the airlines[either SQ or AK].

Btw, do SQ and AK accepts those who'd underwent this surgery as their cadet pilot?

I need an precise and confirm answer..Thanks guy

How old is this friend of yours?

LASIK is a very touchy issue.

Some airlines dont mind...others do.

Those which do have a very valid reason to do feel that way because LASIK doesnt 100% guarantee that your eyesight will remain 'perfect'. Other complications could arise, the most common of which is a detached retina (trust me..you DONT want that to happen..it freaks you out BIG TIME).

As a general rule..airlines will only accept so-called "LASIK" candidates 1-1.5 years after the procedure is completed to ensure that the eyes have sufficiently healed and any problems which could happen, would happen within this period and thus could be medicated as such before acceptance thereby relieving the company of any risks.

1.5 years?? It's a long time..Hmm btw do SQ and AK accept? :)

AK...maybe la.

SQ...chances are quite bleak.

1.5 years?? It's a long time..Hmm btw do SQ and AK accept? :)

When I got in few years ago, SQ didn't accept lasik surgery (you'll fail your medical). Last I heard they may accept now but after few years of surgery.

Anyway SQ accept 6/60 vision, which approximately 500 degree glasses. Why go for lasik?

they do accept lasik over at SQ but there's a catch.

you have to wait for a year after your lasik surgery before you even get considered. and they also look at pre-lasik condition where you have to meet the 6/60.

yeah so why do a lasik when the requirment is 6/60 with our without lasik..

whats her eyesight power bro?

Sign in to follow this