MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Most punctual airlines

Not bad for Korean Air. Used to have a dismal safety record. See HERE and HERE.

I wonder how AirAsia fares in the punctuality stake. :rolleyes:

.ny

+++

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/htm...00604190019.asp

Most punctual airlines

Korean Air Co. and Asiana Airlines Co. were named as the most punctual aircraft operators in the world last year, the Ministry of Construction and Transportation said yesterday.

The two domestic airliners took the top spots in five out of nine passenger aircraft categories in the schedule reliability reports released by plane manufacturers Boeing Co. and Airbus SAS.

Korean Air was the most punctual in running the Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777 and Airbus 330. The nation's No.1 airliner also ranked second (Boeing 737, Airbus 360) and third (Boeing 747) in three other model categories. Asiana Airlines topped the lists for Boeing 767 and Boeing 737.

Schedule reliability is measured by the percentage of flights that left within 15 minutes after the scheduled departure time, excluding delays due to airport and weather conditions.

Korean Air, which was also named as the most reliable operator of B747-400, B777 and B737-800/900 for the five years to 2005, runs 118 aircrafts. Asiana has 61.

Separately, the nation's third airliner Jeju Air Co. is preparing to begin regular flight service in June.

The joint venture between Aekyung Group and the provincial government of Jeju recently decided to offer one-way tickets from Seoul to Jeju Island at 59,100 won, about 30 percent cheaper than the two national airliners. Jeju Air plans to run four domestic flights linking the resort island of Jeju: Seoul-Jeju, Seoul-Busan, Jeju-Busan and Seoul-Yangyang.

The budget airline said it will minimize drink and newspaper services to cut costs and come up with an exceptional uniform design for its flight attendants.

(sophie@heraldm.com)

By Kim So-hyun

America West is defenately not a punctual airline. i've tried on once for IAH-PHX flight. the flight was delayed for one hour. when i arrived at PHX, i have nothing to worry bout miss my LAX flight because the LAX was delayed for 2 hours

Azuddin

America West is defenately not a punctual airline. i've tried on once for IAH-PHX flight. the flight was delayed for one hour. when i arrived at PHX, i have nothing to worry bout miss my LAX flight because the LAX was delayed for 2 hours

You can't really rank airlines by most punctual, lots of factor is not under their management such as weather(snow etc.), airport delay, late clearance, accidents, airport availablity etc. If they delay for no reason, I'll beat the captain :p Well, still congrat Korean for their best managment.

(Boeing 737, Airbus 360)

Sound good to me :)

You can't really rank airlines by most punctual, lots of factor is not under their management such as weather(snow etc.), airport delay, late clearance, accidents, airport availablity etc.

The story I posted above says:

Schedule reliability is measured by the percentage of flights that left within 15 minutes after the scheduled departure time, excluding delays due to airport and weather conditions.

So there you go.

.ny

The story I posted above says:

So there you go.

Ah, I miss that part <_ sorry fellas src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(">

Sign in to follow this