MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Raymund Yeoh

Hypothetical Question: Is KLIA ready for this kind of airplane disaster

All...I watched this Japanese movie recently....Its called Umizaru (means Sea Monkeys in Japanese) Bravehearts....this movie is part 4. There are parts 1,2,3 and also a TV series.

Its about the Japanese Coast Guard elite rescue divers and their missions

The latest is about a B747-400 making a crwash landing at sea and how the rescue divers go about rescuing them.

Here's the teaser clip..

My question is, If this kind of rescue is feasable, is KLIA or MAHB ready for this kind of disaster should it happen in our shores... ???

Do we have such capability, structure and equipment to stage such rescue ???

I think my short answer is no.

Then again, why worry? We're in a land where problems can be solved by flicking a switch of a light.

I would think so too.....if any of you have seen the movie....I'm still unsure about a few things

1) One of the landing gear did not come down when they were preparing for landing which prompted the water landing. Isn't there any manual crank or something to crank it down or up ?

2) Why do they need to light up the water landing spot ?

I would think so too.....if any of you have seen the movie....I'm still unsure about a few things

1) One of the landing gear did not come down when they were preparing for landing which prompted the water landing. Isn't there any manual crank or something to crank it down or up ?

2) Why do they need to light up the water landing spot ?

I believe commercial airliners' landing gears can be gravity dropped. As for a water landing scenario - MAB will not be involved at all since it's not on airport premises. The Fire Brigade/Jabatan Pertahanan Awam etc will be in charge.

In this movie, Coast Guard suggested the water landing since Haneda airport was located next to Tokyo Bay....and Haneda Airport authority was the one tht gave the go ahead.....

All...I watched this Japanese movie recently....Its called Umizaru (means Sea Monkeys in Japanese) Bravehearts....this movie is part 4. There are parts 1,2,3 and also a TV series.

Its about the Japanese Coast Guard elite rescue divers and their missions

The latest is about a B747-400 making a crwash landing at sea and how the rescue divers go about rescuing them.

Waah, this movie brave one, use 744. Other movies try to fudge plane model to play safe! :D

looks nice for someone's PhD research title....

Even if someone comes up with the thesis for this...I doubt we will ever be ready for such disaster should it strike us

Sign in to follow this