MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kee Hooi Yen

Airline Promotion

I was told by a travel agent (Australia Flight Centre) today that Singapore Airline is running a promotion now for flights from SYD to any destination in Asia for AUD$400+ plus applicable taxes. The bad news is today is the last day of the promotion.

The promotion started about a month ago and I am not aware or don’t see any advertisement from SIA. The travel agent told the promotion is only by worth-of –mouth.

I got some quotes from the travel agent today for SYD-KUL & SYD-NRT return in 2012. When I checked on SIA website for flights on the same days, the fares were 50% higher on the website. Obviously the promotion only valid for tickets booked via the travel agent.

I have a few questions :

Why SIA doesn’t advertise for this promotion ? Even I don’t see any promotion material (eg. poster) in the travel agency until was told by the travel agent verbally.

I remember when MAS was having a big sale end of last year, the airline was having aggressive promotion advertisement. On the contrary, SIA’s promotion is running at very low profile

MAS was alleged dumping seats at low fares. Is SIA trying to protect its “premium airline” image by not publishing its low fares despite having promotion ?

Edited by Kee Hooi Yen

Sign in to follow this