MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

AirAsia booking system to shutdown for 3 days from Friday

I think that the main reason why "Promo" tix do not permit pax name change is due to fraud going on in the past. Many people book tons of zero fare tickets and re-sold them. Even with the name change fee, it is still cheaper than non-zero fare tickets. So they put a stop to this and only regular tix allow name change these days.

Now that's scary. Has anyone been able to check-in their flights using web check-in after the system has been upgraded? Was trying to do web check-in for my flight on Thursday 0945 just now.

I clicked on web check-in and put in all the relevant information and hit Continue. Seems like the usual select seats and luggage options are not available. I proceed to print the boarding pass but was unable to do so.

I am using IE8.

Now that's scary. Has anyone been able to check-in their flights using web check-in after the system has been upgraded? Was trying to do web check-in for my flight on Thursday 0945 just now.

I clicked on web check-in and put in all the relevant information and hit Continue. Seems like the usual select seats and luggage options are not available. I proceed to print the boarding pass but was unable to do so.

I am using IE8.

It's more scary if flight delayed because of system upgrading and if u have connecting flight in nearest time.

I just noticed that Darwin, Australia is inside AirAsia's new booking system.

Yup, new route Darwin (DRW) and Iran (IKA) inside the booking list now.

AirAsia One Of Top 10 Airlines Serving Changi

SINGAPORE, July 13 (Bernama) -- Malaysia's low-cost carrier AirAsia has emerged for the first time as one of the "Top 10 Airlines by Passenger Carriage" at the Fifth Annual Changi Airline Awards 2010.

The country's another carrier, Malaysia Airlines (MAS), also managed to get into the list that was based on absolute passenger carriage in 2009, together with Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Garuda Indonesia, Jetstar Asia, Qantas Airways, Silkair, Singapore Airlines and Tiger Airways.

Changi Airport Group (CAG) tonight celebrated its strong partnership with airlines at the event which recognised the contribution of airlines to Singapore's air hub status.

TNT Airways was honoured with "Partner of the Year" Award for its strategic efforts to develop Singapore as its Asian regional hub in its global network.

The "Top 10 Airlines by Cargo Carriage" were Air Hong Kong, Asiana Airlines, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, EVA Airways, Federal Express, Japan Airlines, Korean Air, Qantas Airways and Singapore Airlines Cargo.

Awards were also given to airlines from different regions which registered highest growth in passenger traffic last year.

The awards went to Tiger Airways (Singapore), Cebu Pacific Air (Southeast Asia), Cathay Pacific (Northeast Asia), Sri Lankan Airways (South Asia), Jetstar Airways (Southwest Pacific), Qatar Airways (Middle East) and Lufthansa (Europe).

For cargo carriage, the top five airlines by growth were Air Hong Kong, Qantas Airways, Delta Airlines, TNT Airways and China Eastern Airlines.

Changi Airport's traffic growth in 2010 has been healthy as passenger traffic grew by 16.7 per cent while freight increased 17.3 per cent in the first five months.

The growth puts Changi on track to surpass its record 37.7 million passenger movements handled in 2008.

As of July 1, Changi Airport serves 89 airlines operating over 5,000 weekly scheduled flights to more than 200 cities in some 60 countries and territories.

-- BERNAMA

Source : Bernama - http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v5/newsbusiness.php?id=513307

Sign in to follow this