MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Min Chun

Cadet pilot training in Basair

Hey guys! Been inactive for a while but I come up with this, which I think would be kind of beneficial to pilot-wannabe. If you want to be self-sponsored, you might want to look on this as well. The price is kind of reasonable I guess, comparing to the amount charged in Malaysia. :D

http://basair.com.au/index.php/learn-to-fly/international-students/malaysian-students.html

Yea, was it used to be named as Flight Training Adelaide? And, I guess you would need to do conversion upon your graduation in the Adelaide Flight Training Center to be recognized by DCA right?

Edited by Min Chun

Yea, was it used to be named as Flight Training Adelaide? And, I guess you would need to do conversion upon your graduation in the Adelaide Flight Training Center to be recognized by DCA right?

Yup, used to be known as FTA. And yes, I believe you'll need to do a conversion, though Basair used to train AK cadets - not sure how they go about that.

Says the course will meet DCA's requirements, but no mention of completing the course with a DCA-approved licence. :pardon:

this is offtopic but its just a bit of doubt in my mind...do SIA accepts direct intakes?if it does, do they accept the one with only SPM qualified?thanks in advance :help:

Hye im new here and im really want to do pilot now,

Ive been checking alot on APFT aswell and talking about this Basair,

i heard its hard for us to work with malaysian airlines once we finished our studies there due to aviation laws,

is it true and please correct me,and one more thing what is the total fees to study at Basair.

Thx :rolleyes:

Edited by alim

Hye im new here and im really want to do pilot now,

Ive been checking alot on APFT aswell and talking about this Basair,

i heard its hard for us to work with malaysian airlines once we finished our studies there due to aviation laws,

is it true and please correct me,and one more thing what is the total fees to study at Basair.

Thx :rolleyes:

Hi alim,

Expecting to work for MAS as soon as you graduate from Basair (or any other private flying schools) may be quite unrealistic, unless you're that lucky. As a few of the experts will tell you, if you graduate from an Australian flying school with CPL/IR, you will still need that licence converted to a Malaysian, DCA-issued licence. That alone will cost you extra time and money than if you graduate from one of the local flying schools.

Total fees to study at Basair depends on what course package you pick up, but you could be looking at A$50,000 easily - and that's not inclusive of living expenses in Sydney.

Sign in to follow this