MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Min Chun

Options of airlines

I'm glad you've got something sorted out. Safe trip! :)

I believe I won't be able to get myself out form Changi because we were not allowed to exit Changi too when we booked for flights to Melbourne last year. Only yearly-tickets holder are allowed to exit Changi if I am not mistaken.

Transit hotel would be a good choice :good:

Who told you that?? :huh: Lots of people dash out to town whilst in transit at Changi. :pardon:

When my father tried to book tickets for us last December, he was told by travel agent that only yearly ticket holders are allowed to exit Changi.That's why we opted TG instead of SQ <_>

By the way, I've signed up the Mileage Plus in UA websties but I know there something called "United Mileage Plus® Visa® Signature card" which we can apply online.

Anyone here has it? Is it correct that we need to pay USD250 to be qualified to apply and to get the 30,000 miles?

Besides, I'm abit confused on the miles collected travelling with StarAlliance airlines. Last year I flew with TG from PEN all the way to MEL. I did apply for the TG Star Alliance card and I received the card,with thousands of miles collected, few weeks after I registered on board. I will be travelling on SQ and UA in August to Florida so can I use that card number too? Or do I have ask my agent to book with my United Mileage Plus card number which I've just applied?

By the way, I've signed up the Mileage Plus in UA websties but I know there something called "United Mileage Plus® Visa® Signature card" which we can apply online.

Anyone here has it? Is it correct that we need to pay USD250 to be qualified to apply and to get the 30,000 miles?

Besides, I'm abit confused on the miles collected travelling with StarAlliance airlines. Last year I flew with TG from PEN all the way to MEL. I did apply for the TG Star Alliance card and I received the card,with thousands of miles collected, few weeks after I registered on board. I will be travelling on SQ and UA in August to Florida so can I use that card number too? Or do I have ask my agent to book with my United Mileage Plus card number which I've just applied?

The UA Visa only applies to US residents I believe, IIRC issued by CHASE (US bank).

You can accrue miles from UA and SQ (but not MI as they're not *A) flights on TG ROP indeed.

UA economy booked in W, S, T, L classes will not earn miles, all other fares will earn at least 100% mileage.

SQ economy booked in V, T, G, N, Q will not earn any TG miles, booked in W you'd earn 50%. All other economy classes earn at least 100% mileage.

When my father tried to book tickets for us last December, he was told by travel agent that only yearly ticket holders are allowed to exit Changi.That's why we opted TG instead of SQ <_>

That's bizarre... I've freely gone in and out of Changi Airport regardless of the type of ticket I'm traveling on.

Edited by Keith T

The UA Visa only applies to US residents I believe, IIRC issued by CHASE (US bank).

You can accrue miles from UA and SQ (but not MI as they're not *A) flights on TG ROP indeed.

UA economy booked in W, S, T, L classes will not earn miles, all other fares will earn at least 100% mileage.

SQ economy booked in V, T, G, N, Q will not earn any TG miles, booked in W you'd earn 50%. All other economy classes earn at least 100% mileage.

That's bizarre... I've freely gone in and out of Changi Airport regardless of the type of ticket I'm traveling on.

I think the agent is booking the flights which are also the same as those we found in UA websites. So, how do we know which class is it?

Eww..then we should have travelled on SQ instead of TG :finger: :finger:

I think the agent is booking the flights which are also the same as those we found in UA websites. So, how do we know which class is it?

If it's the same fare, UA segments will be booked in Q. MI/SQ in K. But best to seek clarification from your TA to be sure.

Edited by Keith T

If it's the same fare, UA segments will be booked in Q. MI/SQ in K. But best to seek clarification from your TA to be sure.

I've just checked and the PEN-SIN sector is flown by MI on that day :finger: :finger:

Sure, I will ask and see. Thanks lot! :drinks:

Yeah I think so IIRC. I will confirm again with him.

I have just came back from KL. The officer in US Embassy approved my VISA application but then still waiting approval from Washington. Huh?!

Sign in to follow this