MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
iwan

Previous LIMA pics

a few days back..i was flipping through an old album i found..it happened to contain pictures of one of the 'old' LIMAs i when..couldnt remember which year thou (94 i think)..the thing is,i was very shocked to see a picture of the Su-27 in the russian 'test pilot' colors taking off!!i never knew they came here before and i was cursing myself for not appreciating that aircraft when i was there (i was 7)..

so i would like to request if any of u here could kindly share pictures of the previous LIMAs here..ill brace myself to be shocked coz who knows if one of u post a pic of the russian knights in langkawi!i could die..

thanks in advance! :)

I have photos from LIMA'91/93/95. You will have to wait a while before I can scan them and have it posted because my albums are tucked away in Malaysia (I'm in the US right now). I am planning on visiting home in around June, only then will I be able to post them up.

Yes, the Russian Knights were here during 91/93. Sadly I watch their last aerial display in '93 before their ill-fated departure back for Russia. The Russian Swift were right there too with their Mig-29As if I recall correctly.

Anyway, reflecting back on the old LIMA's it is ironic to note that all the main Russian fighters on display there (except for the Mig-31) are now part of the RMAF inventory!

I have photos from LIMA'91/93/95. You will have to wait a while before I can scan them and have it posted because my albums are tucked away in Malaysia (I'm in the US right now). I am planning on visiting home in around June, only then will I be able to post them up.

Yes, the Russian Knights were here during 91/93. Sadly I watch their last aerial display in '93 before their ill-fated departure back for Russia. The Russian Swift were right there too with their Mig-29As if I recall correctly.

Anyway, reflecting back on the old LIMA's it is ironic to note that all the main Russian fighters on display there (except for the Mig-31) are now part of the RMAF inventory!

thanks!take your time.. :)

i read about the russian knights tragedy as well...took them quite some time to get back to where they were before..but the swifts were there too?!WOW!!why have they stopped coming?was really disappointed that not even one plane from the russian airforce were at LIMA 2007..was really looking forward to seeing one.. :(

thanks!take your time.. :)

i read about the russian knights tragedy as well...took them quite some time to get back to where they were before..but the swifts were there too?!WOW!!why have they stopped coming?was really disappointed that not even one plane from the russian airforce were at LIMA 2007..was really looking forward to seeing one.. :(

Once the clinched the deals... they won't send the aircraft anymore...

It's a 'market'... you display what you want others to buy... :pardon:

Anyway... 2007 was my 2nd LIMA... was 1st there in 2005 using prosumer :)

I've shown these before... but for this thread..

Russian Ahmoi & Russian Fighter...

MIG29_12.jpg

The Top-Guns..

MIG29_09.jpg

Dancing-on-the-street

MIG29_08.jpg

Pretty-in-a-row

Wheels.jpg

and the one from Russia

IL86.jpg

--

Once the clinched the deals... they won't send the aircraft anymore...

It's a 'market'... you display what you want others to buy... :pardon:

Anyway... 2007 was my 2nd LIMA... was 1st there in 2005 using prosumer :)

I've shown these before... but for this thread..

but i thought teams like the russian knights and swifts attend shows just for display purposes..something like what the red arrows did during the last LIMA..

i even found a video(

) of a russian Su-27/30 in grey-black-white camouflage performing in langkawi in 2003..the deal was already clinched before that right?how nice if i were there..anyway,since we MIGHT be getting a second squadron of flankers,why not bodek by sending their best planes and pilots here during LIMA? :p

and in the 'top guns' pic..what is that blue bag hanging around their necks?tak nampak macam part of the G-suit pun..very nice pictures btw!thanks! :)

Edited by iwan

Gagaga.. Can share aahh. Only one pic uploaded to the Net.. will go find somemore in my family albums..

Dunno from which LiMa.. 2003 or 2005.. sudah tak ingat meeh~!!!

baim.jpg

The Dornier SeaStar was also there back in 93/95. I remember being all excited when news broke that Dornier will shift SeaStar's production line to Penang. Guess nothing happened.

BTW is LIMA losing its stature? In the early days ('93) they would bring the MD-11 down for the show - Swiss HB-IWE to be precise. Today we turn the clock and get IL-86!!!

Is that you?

Aaaiiyaaak~!!! why qoute saya punya gambaaa...

Yeah.. That 'Mat Rempit' Small version. :rofl: :rofl:

Sign in to follow this