MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Transit at Doha Airport

Would like to know how facilities are like at the transit area. Have to do overnight lay-over due to poor connection :angry:. Traveling KWI-DXB with QR. Is there a transit hotel or something? Thanks a lot!

.naim

Would like to know how facilities are like at the transit area. Have to do overnight lay-over due to poor connection :angry:. Traveling KWI-DXB with QR. Is there a transit hotel or something? Thanks a lot!

.naim

Hi there naim.

I've only been to Doha a few times. The new terminal is quite modern, but IMHO, probably slightly bigger than Penang International Airport.

Check out their website for a list of the airport facilities.

http://www.dohaairport.com

Enjoy your flight! :)

Hi there naim.

I've only been to Doha a few times. The new terminal is quite modern, but IMHO, probably slightly bigger than Penang International Airport.

Check out their website for a list of the airport facilities.

http://www.dohaairport.com

Enjoy your flight! :)

Thanks Imran. I oredi tried both www.dohaairport.com and www.qatarairways.com since morning, but got errors! That's why I asked here. Anyway my travel agent just told me I should get free lodging courtesy of QR during the long lay-over. :D

This is my first trip to the Gulf States and I found something interesting. Their flights are pricey for one. QR quoted economy at more than MYR6,000 for KUL-KWI-KUL via DOH! Luckily MH had a sale so I grabbed KUL-DXB-KUL promo ticket, and used EK/QR for DXB-KWI-DXB. All in about MYR5,000. Still pricey in my book. The funny thing is that with QR I bought a transit fare via DOH, i.e. I must stay in transit area and not enter the country. For the privilege of entering the country, I have to buy a more expensive ticket, about MYR800 more! Other countries probably subsidize you to do a stopover and play tourist, and yet the Qataris want you to pay more for a stopover in their own country. Funny! :lol:

.naim

Sign in to follow this