MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Hp Baserga

Spotting locations Changi

Hello

Just moved from Zurich/Switzerland to Singapore.

Could you do me a favour and explain where to take pictures around Changi airport?

This is much appreciated.

Regards, Hanspeter

Hi Hanspeter,

Glad you could join us here. I used this guide from another member back in June.

Buses serving Changi Beach are:

9 - from Bedok Bus Interchange / Bedok MRT Station / Simei MRT Station

19 - from Tampines Bus Interchange / Tampines MRT Station

89 - from Pasir Ris MRT Station

If anyone is going from Changi Airport, please go to the basement and take bus 53. After going through terminals 3, then 1 and then 2, the bus will go up an overpass that takes you past the end of the runway (02L). After that, the bus goes up another overpass before going down and then making a right turn onto Loyang Avenue. Get down at this stop and change to bus 9 or 19. For morning spotting at runway 20R, get off at Changi Beach after car park no. 5 and for afternoon spotting at the same runway, get off at carpark no. 2 (the very first bus stop after a tiny round-about which is just past changi village).

There has been some shifting winds of late and at times, runway 02 is in use. Changi Business Park is located near Expo MRT Station. Exiting Expo MRT Station, look out for landing aircraft and follow the general direction (you should go through some landscaped parks with a lake and end up near a green field with the planes landing from your right to the left). There are police patrols from time to time but if you keep your cameras discreetly away, there should not be any problem. NOTE: Please do not bring or use your airband scanners.

For anyone staying till Sunday 20 June, there is the National Runway Cycling and Skating event ... a newly-delivered F-15SG of the Republic of Singapore AF is on display (as would probably a few other planes). The event begins at 0800hrs ... I gather even if one isn't cycling or skating, one could still go there.

Free shuttle buses from the Eunos Bus Interchange (next to Eunos MRT Station).

KC Sim

Sign in to follow this