MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

AirAsia Group/AirAsia X Group Service Changes

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/latest/34840-malaysias-air-asia-to-resume-flights-to-colombo.html

Malaysian budget carrier Air Asia, which pulled out earlier this year, is planning a comeback to Colombo this summer through a subsidiary company, AirAsiaX, airline officials said.

It does not matter and I sure hope its true coz I wouldn't like to pay xtra to UL and Mh for a 3.5 hours flight!

AirAsia X set to increase flights to the Gold Coast

ALMOST 40,000 extra travellers a year will have access to Queensland via an AirAsia X daily service between Kuala Lumpur and the Gold Coast.

Minister for Tourism, Major Events, Small Business and the Commonwealth Games Jann Stuckey said AirAsia X would increase its Kuala Lumpur-Gold Coast service from five to seven flights per week, in a show of confidence in Queensland's tourism industry. The new flights will start in November.

"AirAsia X and AirAsia Group operate an expansive network with connections to more than 100 destinations across the Asia Pacific, India, Nepal and the Middle East," Ms Stuckey said.

"Queensland shares a strong partnership with AirAsia X which started flying to the State in November 2007, and these new daily services will provide even more low-cost access into Queensland for many international travellers."

Ms Stuckey said the State Government had established an $8 million Attracting Aviation Investment Fund to help secure new aviation business into Queensland.

"The State Government, through Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ), will work in partnership with Gold Coast Tourism, Gold Coast Airport and Tourism Australia to develop marketing activities to support these new daily flights," she said.

"In the year to March 2013, Queensland welcomed more than two million international visitors to the state, a five per cent increase compared with the year prior.

"Gold Coast Airport welcomed 91,880 international passengers in 2012 which was a 31.2 per cent increase on 2011.

"Our goal is to double annual overnight visitor expenditure from $15 billion to $30 billion by 2020, and aviation access will be key to achieving that goal."

AirAsia X CEO Azran Osman-Rani said the Gold Coast was the airline's first Australian port and AirAsia X, the long-haul, low fare airline affiliate of the AirAsia Group, had invested heavily in the city from the start.

"We hold a special place in our hearts for this vibrant city which has strongly supported us since our launch in 2007," Mr Osman-Rani said.

"Passenger movements between the Gold Coast and Kuala Lumpur have been consistently strong with an increase on average passenger load year on year for the past three years. This has given us confidence to increase capacity to seven flights a week.

"AirAsia X is very much committed to the Gold Coast and we have been active in the community by supporting events such as the Gold Coast Airport Marathon.

"AirAsia X has wonderful backing from industry partners such as the Queensland Government, Gold Coast Airport and tourism bodies, and will continue our strong involvement with the Gold Coast for years to come."

Gold Coast Airport Chief Operating Officer Paul Donovan said AirAsia X's presence in the region since 2007 had proved to be a win for international tourism to the Gold Coast.

"Kuala Lumpur is a major hub for AirAsia X with connections from South East Asia, China, India and beyond, making the Gold Coast an easily accessible destination of choice," Mr Donovan said.

"AirAsia X is a valued airline partner and we commend its increased commitment to tourism growth."

Gold Coast Tourism CEO Martin Winter said continuous marketing campaigns, and a relentless program of travel industry partnerships and education had created a demand for access into the Gold Coast.

"The new daily service will open up travel opportunities and deliver a boost to Gold Coast tourism and the local economy," Mr Winter said.

AirAsia X will increase its current five to seven flights weekly beginning November 24, 2013.

Source: http://www.coolum-news.com.au/news/airasia-x-set-increase-flights-gold-coast/1934145/

Budget airline Air Asia X to fly from Adelaide from October

LOW-cost airline AirAsia X will begin flying to and from Adelaide as early as October.

Premier Jay Weatherill, Tourism Minister Leon Bignell and AirAsia X CEO Azran Osman-Rani announced details of the new deal this afternoon.
The Kuala Lumpur-based budget carrier currently flies out of Darwin, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and the Gold Coast.
It reaches destinations including China, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, India, Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Passengers can book extremely cheap flights but must pay in-flight for checked baggage, meals, seat selection and comforts such as pillows and blankets.
Premier Jay Weatherill said the introduction of AirAsia X would make Adelaide an affordable destination for people and tourists from South East Asia, China and India.
"We have been working hard to attract a low-cost international carrier and AirAsia X is a very welcome addition," Mr Weatherill said.
"These low-cost flights - five times a week from the end of November - will make South Australia a more affordable and appealing destination to tourists in our key Asian markets.
"AirAsia X's links into China will also help us capitalise on our fastest growing international market."
"With more affordable international links, we also hope to see more conferences in Adelaide and more international students being visited by family and friends.
"SA will now exceed its 2020 target for international airline seats into Adelaide. From November, we will welcome more than 12,200 international airline seats each week, well above the 11,500 target."
AirAsia X chief executive Azran Osman-Rani said securing the Adelaide route had been a priority for the airline.
"Our goal since launching our first Australian service on the Gold Coast in 2007 was to operate in the five major mainland states, and we are proud to have accomplished this within six years," Mr Osman-Rani said.
"We are very excited to finally touch down in South Australia and bring some much needed competition to the skies.
"South Australia has a lot of diverse experiences to offer and has long been waited for on our network."
Adelaide Airport Ltd Managing Director Mark Young said AirAsia X would be the first international, low-cost carrier to fly to and from Adelaide.
"The arrival of AirAsia X will make international travel more accessible for South Australian travellers, as well as attracting overseas visitors to Adelaide," Mr Young said.
"We've been talking to AirAsia X since they first started looking to the Australian market in 2007, so it's great to see those discussions coming to fruition.
"Adelaide Airport has been the fastest growing international capital city airport in Australia over the past year, and today's announcement will provide a further boost to our expanding list of international services."
AirAsia X is part of the AirAsia group of airlines based in Kuala Lumpur and carries 16 million passengers each year to over 80 destinations. It flies to Melbourne, the Gold Coast, Perth and Sydney while Air Asia flies into Darwin.

From AirAsia's FB.

If you guessed 'Upside Down House' in Kota Kinabalu & Pantai Cahaya Bulan in Kota Bharu, you're spot on!

#AirAsia now flies from Kota Kinabalu to Kota Bharu 3x weekly starting 16 November 2013!

If you haven't set foot in Kota Kinabalu or Kota Bharu, the time is now to grab your flights at http://bit.ly/18r96YQ from RM99 (all-in-fare)!

Great news for KBR and the peoples! If its not under the opposition government, I'm sure this route have been launched years ago. I found Kelantan is the potential destination for business and leisure. But due to political 'sanction', we don't see much growth on this 'Islamic' state.

Now AK launched 3x weekly to BKI. They have no problem to make it daily. From my experience, flights ex JHB, SZB, KUL are always full to brim. But again, politics kills KBR potentials. Remember J8 pulled out from KBR? I believe its a political issues, not due to operational reasons. Someone who don't like to see Kelantan success, perhaps ask airlines to fly to their underutilized brand new airport.

Bravo KBR!

A Chinese language paper reports that J8 sets to fly SZB-KBR twice daily effective 8 November.

I'll believe it when I see it though...

A Chinese language paper reports that J8 sets to fly SZB-KBR twice daily effective 8 November.

I'll believe it when I see it though...

Yup, one of my member at ATC KBR has been confimed J8 will fly for KBR in Nov. Now he mention problem on parking bay incase plane grounded. :D

Another potential might be starting next year FY will introduce direct route to Indochina from hub KBR.

Enough pax to support BKI - KBR route?

Based on my observation on major social media sites, The Kelantan folks are truly excited about it, esp. those who works or study in Sabah who can look forward to balik kampung with less time.

Benefits the tourists as well...after doing KL - Taman Negara - Perhentian Island, now they have option to fly to East Malaysia!

Enough pax to support BKI - KBR route?

I think there should be sufficient pax.

There are high number of daily flights between KBR and KUL/SZB. I met my fellow Kelantanese on every flights everywhere (the loghat kelantan is very distinct!)

Hot hot hot from the AK Gossip Division, D7's first triangular route.

2 birds one stone CMB and MLE. No marketing ads and announcement yet from D7. But it's seems like bookable now.

KUL-MLE inaugural on 28Sep
KUL-CMB-MLE inaugural on 29Sep
Operate by D7 every 2,4,5,7.

CMB-MLE v.v is non-bookable.

D7 184 KUL-MLE 1120-1225 every 2,5

D7 185 MLE-CMB 1340-1540 CMB-KUL 1655-2245 every 2,5

D7 180 KUL-CMB 0920-1010 CMB-MLE 1125-1225 every 4,7

D7 181 MLE-KUL 1340-2100 every 4,7

2 birds one stone CMB and MLE. No marketing ads and announcement yet from D7. But it's seems like bookable now.

That's a relatively long stop at MLE...does anyone know if there's enough time given the airport infrastructure & CIQ clearance to do a just-for-the-fun-of-it KUL-MLE-KUL on same plane?

That's a relatively long stop at MLE...does anyone know if there's enough time given the airport infrastructure & CIQ clearance to do a just-for-the-fun-of-it KUL-MLE-KUL on same plane?

For 738, you can clear immigration within 15 to 20 minutes, however, if you encountered A333 arrival from China before you, you can spend 40 to 60 minutes in queue. On 738, average bag on belt time is 20 minutes.

MLE immigration will ask for name of hotel, not sure they will accept your explanation or the system could accept that no accommodation is required; however, they don't normally request to see hotel booking confirmation. Typical hotel in Male cost about US$100 per night but you can find cheaper room in Hulhumale for about $70 per night.

Very civilized hours :good: and forego my chance to upgrade my Enrich tier :pardon:

Edited by KK Lee

Yessss... Colombo is back! I can get cheap tickets again. Its oredy in AK system and bookable.

Malaysian need to pay US$35 for visa on arrival at CMB. However, 24 hours transit is visa free.